PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question (Restoring PSP)

Caustic
January 9th, 2009, 01:43
Alright, I've been searching through the topics for a while, but I can't find anything that seems like it would apply to me, so I'll create a topic in the hopes that someone can help:

I was installing CFW on my PSP using this guide: http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=20 (As a side note, I'd definitely suggest this guide to anyone who needs help, even though it didn't work out too well for me)

Anyway, I got to the point where I installed the new custom M33 Firmware. However, once I pressed the "X" button, I read the display, and it mentioned that it couldn't find "380.PBP". As it turns out, I accidentally put "390.PBP" instead of the "380.PBP" I was supposed to.

Now, my PSP turns on "normally" using the Pandora battery, but when a normal Battery is placed in it, the Power light turns green for a few seconds, but the screen remains blank.

Anyway, my question is this - I have my NAND-dump backup on the root of the "Magic Memory Stick," and also in a folder on my desktop. However, the information I can't find is how I'm supposed to use it to restore my PSP and change the file name.

thanks in advance for your help,
~Caustic

mike_jmg
January 9th, 2009, 15:52
So you didn't manage to install custom firmware because you put the wrong update on your magic memory stick and now it turns on "normaly" using pandora and with any other battery it acts like it was bricked.

You're supposed to enter into service mode with the magic memstick and pandora, and there is an option to restore the nand dump you made

I suggest you should create a new magic memory stick and try to install custom firmware once again but with the right update.