PDA

View Full Version : Blood WAD for Doom

sin`pl
January 28th, 2006, 20:36
hello!
hats off! J S Graham has made a Blood WAD for Doom. Blood is an old popular PC game wich uses Build engine - same as Duke3D and few other games. I think older players will remember it ;)

http://www.mglsystem.pl/blood/blood0.jpg http://www.mglsystem.pl/blood/blood1.jpg

http://www.mglsystem.pl/blood/blood2.jpg http://www.mglsystem.pl/blood/blood3.jpg

I have tested it on psp-doom. it works! enjoy!
http://www.mglsystem.pl/blood/blood.rar

Kaiser
January 28th, 2006, 21:00
Awesome stuff, downloading now.

edit: I threw it on the news page as well.

Madonion
January 28th, 2006, 21:50
Wow cool i remember playing this! installing it now :D
(edit) How do u get this game to work? what files goes where?(EDIT)! Figured it out, had to get the newest version of doom.

TheEmulatorGuy
January 28th, 2006, 23:14
Will people please stop making Doom WADs? We don't want a Blood WAD, we want the Blood GAME, for gods sakes.

Quake and Quake II have been proted to PSP. With that said, Blood is able to be ported to PSP. Will I ever see it happen? What about Shadow Warrior? Duke Nukem 3D? I hope so.

sin`pl
January 28th, 2006, 23:32
"Will I ever see it happen?" - why don't you port it yourself? go find in emule PC2PSP game converter. and as far i remember there is no blood source code..

TheEmulatorGuy
January 28th, 2006, 23:59
"Will I ever see it happen?" - why don't you port it yourself? go find in emule PC2PSP game converter. and as far i remember there is no blood source code..

heh. Porting is a grueling process. I am not the one releasing WADs, my friend. I am a user - not a maker. You know, I am not normally one to complain. If no one was making a Blood WAD, then I wouldn't be unhappy there is no Blood port. If you're going to bring out crap, don't bring it out at all.

Secondly, I hope you're joking about PC2PSP, because... ROFL. LOL. I say no more.

And also, I realise there is no Blood source code - but I also suggested Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D which are open source.

TheEmulatorGuy
January 29th, 2006, 00:02
As a note, the WAD is good, I just get angry seeing all these damn Doom WADs.

sin`pl
January 29th, 2006, 00:10
"Secondly, I hope you're joking about PC2PSP, because... ROFL. LOL. I say no more."
Ofcourse it was a joke :) heh..

slayer2psp
January 29th, 2006, 00:23
sweet i was playing blood two today very strange i was going through all of my old pc games and came across it i also found blood as well but didnt play it very cool thats on the psp now. any chance of getting a duke wad that works

PSmonkey
January 29th, 2006, 03:02
Will people please stop making Doom WADs? We don't want a Blood WAD, we want the Blood GAME, for gods sakes.

Quake and Quake II have been proted to PSP. With that said, Blood is able to be ported to PSP. Will I ever see it happen? What about Shadow Warrior? Duke Nukem 3D? I hope so.

Hey Ass,
Psp coder here.

Blood src is not open source still (and according to the people at 3drealm, its not going to be). Even though it runs on the build engine is no excuse. It's like saying "Well since quake 1 is ported, why not release Half life on psp as well?"

Second not everybody is a coder. This guys knows how to build Doom wads not port pc code to psp.

So all in all. Don't be a dick, I can understand someone making a Duke 3D wad and someone saying "this is great but a port of the original pc game would be better." Yet your post we just flat out don't need.

As a note, the WAD is good, I just get angry seeing all these damn Doom WADs.

They might not be your cup of tea but thats no reason to get angry at them. This guy is not taking away from someone else porting pc games to psp.

TheEmulatorGuy
January 29th, 2006, 03:35
You may have noticed that I accepted the fact Blood was not open source. I thought it was. I should've done some research - maybe it would be a good idea if you read other posts before posting.

Also, I appreciate that people are contributing to the scene - I just wish more people would get into coding for PSP insteaad of making WADs. I HAVE tried VERY HARD to get into it, but 3 hours through getting the PSPSDK it messed up - I did everything correctly. I still have not got an answer to my problem. Right now, I am sticking to Lua, and you will see something good come out of it.

walrus82
January 29th, 2006, 13:16
Wonderful! Downloading it now, in my opinion Blood was the best game on build-engine. It's pity that it is not open source.

sin`pl
January 29th, 2006, 13:38
btw. by making wad's peoples making 'games' for other consoles because there are many ports for almost all devices - xbox, ps2, gc, phones, gamepark, psp, palms etc..

PSmonkey
January 29th, 2006, 23:11
You may have noticed that I accepted the fact Blood was not open source. I thought it was. I should've done some research - maybe it would be a good idea if you read other posts before posting.

Also, I appreciate that people are contributing to the scene - I just wish more people would get into coding for PSP insteaad of making WADs. I HAVE tried VERY HARD to get into it, but 3 hours through getting the PSPSDK it messed up - I did everything correctly. I still have not got an answer to my problem. Right now, I am sticking to Lua, and you will see something good come out of it.

I did read all post but I felt the need to chime in still. I don't agree with your feelings on the matter at all.

Now regarding pspsdk, Have you tried asking on ps2dev.org forums? They are quite friendly over there. If not also have you tried using the psp install from devkitpro.org, I use it as it's very simple and easy to set up. Once its installed you just have to go into the location of the demo / code you wish to compile and type make (providing your using a makefile which i believe all sdk demo's include).

wolfpack
January 30th, 2006, 01:54
if only blood was ported to psp... that would make me drool a little... but i also wish duke nukem and shadow warrior are getting ported to psp soon. Im getting tired of the doom wad conversions, even though i LOVE doom to death, i just think the games should stay in there original form. I must say though i do like this wad, very close to the first level in blood in comparison, i did enjoy it but the thrill was too short cuz it was only 2 levels... NICE TRY THOUGH!! :p

ap0calypse
January 30th, 2006, 12:15
did read all post but I felt the need to chime in still. I don't agree with your feelings on the matter at all.

Im with you PSmonkey...

I've also read all the posts here and to me, this "EmulatorGuy" seems to be just another 'HATER'. He has to put other peoples hard work down to make himself/herself feel better.

It takes alot of hard work to make a good doom wad and just because it isn't a huge breakthrough in PSP homebrew development doesn't mean that its not worth having...

Evil Inside
February 6th, 2006, 19:03
Excellent!

I loved Blood. One of my favorite games of all time.

Glad to see people are making WADs again, I used to love finding new maps for Doom back in the old days.

Edit: Can someone post this file somewhere? The original link is not working. :mad:

-_Kakyoin_-
February 7th, 2006, 21:25
Please tell me how did you run it on PSP! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :D