PDA

View Full Version : FrotzDC Test Release

DCEmu_Newsposter
November 22nd, 2004, 19:03
This isnt an official release, (so we wont add it to the site yet) more of a test release from Sam Steele, heres what he has to say:[br][br] I've recompiled FrotzDC with the latest version of GCC and KOS, and the odd memory problems seem to have disappeared. I've prepared an unscrambled test binary with a romdisk containing the 2004 Interactive Fiction Competition entries that can be downloaded here (3.3MB). [br][br]Unless anyone finds any serious problems, I'll do a proper CD release later this week. [br][br]Note: Due to palette changes in my text library, you will need to remove "frotz.ini" from your VMU and select your color scheme again. I still have a bit more tweaking to do with the palette to make it look better on the tv, but the "monochrome" theme is usable enough for now. I also plan to add filtering to the file selector before the final release. [br][br]-Sam [br][br]Download Here (http://www.c99.org/~ssteele/frotz.bin) [br][br]Leave feedback ;)

bugaboo
November 24th, 2004, 12:42
i have a problem with frotzDC, in that the text is always cut off on the left hand side of the screen and this makes it unusable, is there anything that can be done to improve this ? and maybe have an option for bigger text? i don't know how to go about doing this or if it can be done. It would be nice to use this but i never have done due to this huge problem mentioned.

c99koder
November 24th, 2004, 23:23
You can switch to 40 column mode (bigger text) by deleting frotz.ini from your VMU and selecting it from the configuration screen. I'm working on screen centering.

-Sam

Christuserloeser
November 27th, 2004, 03:34
I've never tried FrotzDC until now, but I love DCBlap :) Any chance of an update in the near future?

c99koder
November 27th, 2004, 11:58
Sadly, I've lost contact with the artist / musician from DCBlap. I'll see if the DCSquares team is interested.

I started updating the menus (http://www.livejournal.com/users/c99koder/16992.html) myself a while back, but I just didn't have the time to do everything myself back then. I'll play around with it again soon and see what happens.

-Sam

Christuserloeser
November 28th, 2004, 16:32
:o That's just exactly what I was waiting for! :) It looks good.

Can't wait for a release *8)