PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior, Homebrew Channel, Quake, DOOM

XDelusion
January 11th, 2009, 11:45
I finally got a wii, got it all set up via the twilight hack, and everything works like a charm, except...

The Homebrew Channel does not have smooth pointer movement like in everything else. It jumps around a lot as well.

DOOM and Quake will let me do everything, but move forward, plus strafing rarely works.

Anyhow else experience this? Both my friend and I are having this issue, though he was not having it before ironically.

I tried to change the firmware, but to no avail.

evilzippy
January 12th, 2009, 13:08
have you tried resyncing the wii remote otherwise this issue your having is hardward based and not software I have had no issues apart sometimes the SD loading in the homebrew channel resets itself when i scroll with the directional pad pushed right 5+ times i just manually click the arrows instead.

XDelusion
January 12th, 2009, 17:43
How do I re-sync the wiimote?

XDelusion
January 12th, 2009, 18:20
Found it in my owner's manual. Did so, and it still works on EVERYTHING but Quake and DOOM.

(EDIT) [HOMEBrew Channel now controls well]

And so to be sure everyone knows. The Wiimote works great, it's the nunchuck's analog that's screwy for these games. If I press forward, I go in reverse, and no other direction really works except for a slight slide to the left occasionally.

XDelusion
January 14th, 2009, 00:39
I just loaded up GenPlus...

...when you use the analog as a control, it's behavior is the same. When I press up, it translates as down, and I can only make my characters walk to the left.

I'm guessing this has to do with either my Firmware, or Sensor bar because again, anything commercial works fine with the analog, only homebrew and emulators have issues with it.

Up and Down = Down
Left and RIgth = Left.

Thus I can only move down and left.

XDelusion
January 19th, 2009, 05:51
Replaced nunchuk...

all is well.