PDA

View Full Version : hELP on Doom

marklink
January 29th, 2006, 05:09
i downloaded Doom PSP v0.05 with dehacked support i put doom and doom% file in game i start doom and i put aresenal.deh in as the directory whatever and i dont know what to put in as wad or pwad can anyone please tell me what i need to do for it to work do i need to download anything else like a firmware or anything or maybe i just need wad or pwads i dont know please can someone help me :(

sorry for the trouble hope someone can help - mark

MGFox
January 29th, 2006, 12:12
Ok, for starters, don't start a thread and fill it with 6 posts in a row, if you need to add information you can use the edit button!

Doom is a commercial game, what Doom-PSP does is allow you to play Doom on the PSP, but you still need the original data files! If you own the original Doom or Doom2, just drop the Doom.wad or Doom2.wad file onto the PSP and select one of them as the IWad (Main Wad)...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Fox

Aruzo
January 29th, 2006, 13:47
so if u dont accually own doom u cant play it?

yaustar
January 29th, 2006, 14:02
You can only play games that use the Doom engine that you have the WADS for. There are some freeware WADS on different themes (there was on of the Wild West) or you can find the Doom demos and use the WADs from them to play a cutdown version of Doom.

Aruzo
January 29th, 2006, 15:55
ah so i just download these wads and put em in wad folder? whats a PWAD?

marklink
January 29th, 2006, 19:27
oh ya well is there anyway of downloading doom1 or doom2 wad without owning it ? sorry about the other thread i made i dont know how to delete it i downloaded the shareware version of doom1.wad but it doesnt work it says R_texturenumforname : SW1blu not found

yaustar
January 29th, 2006, 20:14
Yes, it is called pirating. Something that isn't supported at dcemu.co.uk

MGFox
January 30th, 2006, 15:23
whats a PWAD?

IWad = Main Doom or Doom2 data file
PWad = Modification of Main Data File, it can be replacement Graphics, Sounds or Levels...or All Three!

If you don't own Doom or Doom2, the only legal way you can use this is to download the Shareware version of Doom, which contains the entire first episode!

Cheers,
Fox