PDA

View Full Version : DS Unsecured Wi-Fi Detector?

Dascooby
January 12th, 2009, 22:19
Is there a program (or would it be hard to make a program) that plays a sound when it finds an unsecured wi-fi hotspot? Because this would make it easier for me to find wi-fi while riding my bike. I could put it in my pocket and just ride until it makes a noise.

(It would have to work when the DS is closed, too.)

Would a program such as this be simple enough to make? I mean, I've never made any homebrew apps, only used them. But I am pretty good at computers, and I could maybe learn how to make DS homebrew pretty fast. (I'm a nerd, you see.)

Thanks for your help.

DanTheManMS
January 14th, 2009, 03:51
I've always used PointyRemote as a crude way of determining the signal strength of any nearby wifi hotspots. It doesn't play a sound or anything, but it gives you a percentage for signal strength. Now granted, it is one of the first wifi homebrew programs ever made, so if you have a newer DS Lite it likely won't work.

Dascooby
January 14th, 2009, 08:28
I've always used PointyRemote as a crude way of determining the signal strength of any nearby wifi hotspots. It doesn't play a sound or anything, but it gives you a percentage for signal strength. Now granted, it is one of the first wifi homebrew programs ever made, so if you have a newer DS Lite it likely won't work.

I've been using DSOrganize, but it doesn't make a sound either.