PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Wii Drive (broke)

spiralof5
January 13th, 2009, 07:14
Hi everyone,

I figured this would be the best place to post for hardware failures. I'm not much of a technical guy but I'll try to be as concise as possible......

My Wii slot drive does not eject or take any new cds. Being that my 2 years warranty is up I cracked my wii open. I took the faceplate off trying to find any pin-sized hole to eject. Found a few but nothing happened. We ended up forcing the stuck cd out with forceps and a butter knife.

I don't know how these slot drives work. There is a good tutorial about taking your Wii apart and I plan to follow that. However, the drive seems like either the slot grabbers are dead so there might be a dead fuse. Anyone know how to fix a fuse on those drives?

If it is not the fuse, what else should I do to try and bring this back to life? I've had nothing but trouble with this Wii. Like I said, all I know is that it is not accepting or ejecting games of any size. Also, a kinda weird thing but it affects trying to access any channel or even just the wii settings (i.e. photo channel, shop channel, etc. It will just turn to black and lock up. I did notice when taking the face plate off that the red and black wire was broken. But this is just for the blue LED, no? Sometimes I hear the drive make noises but the grabbers won't really do anything.

Thanks guys,

Scott

spiralof5
January 14th, 2009, 11:37
No one has any tips?