PDA

View Full Version : SNES Games that wins most on Danthemans Speedhack?

kharaboudjan
January 13th, 2009, 14:58
helloo,

i have just spend at least 10 hours of playing Kirbys Dreamland 3 which was always unplayable until i tried Danthemans newest speedhack. before the game was 40 fps and it didnt make any huge diffrence if you did the frameskip thing.

are there any more games that we can get a fullspeed result by just doing a speedhack? if i remember correctly some of the mega man X games was horrible slow before the speedhacks. any other? too bad yoshis island isnt playable, it would be so fantastic to play that game fullspeed on the psp :)

DanTheManMS
January 14th, 2009, 03:49
Say what now? >_>

The speedhack I'm most proud of is the one for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I've been told that my speedhacks make the game run at 100% speed except sometimes during battles.

I tried hacking Yoshi's Island but unfortunately my attempts made the game crash. Same with Kirby Super Star. My Star Fox hacks should have worked, but in reality they did nothing, which I'm curious about but have no way of fixing.

You may or may not notice a difference with Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3, as those games may already run at full speed without speedhacks.

kharaboudjan
January 14th, 2009, 18:56
thanx for the answer!

even though i dont agree with you in some things. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 are not fullspeed in any version or hack for the psp. (besides the psxpsp versions).

my definition of fullspeed is that it is fullspeed. 60 fps with no frameskip. however a game can be fully playable with 1 FS even though it isnt 60 fps all the time through the game (like Super Mario RPG) (f-zero needs 1 FS and is THEN fullspeed all the game and it looks really good so my subjective thought is that it is fully playable)

my point is that people should see that fullspeed is actually an objective thing (it is when a game is fullspeed without any slowdowns or frameskips) but fully playable is subjective and everyone has their own definition.

in games like kirbys dreamland 3 it is actually not fullspeed. it lags when it is too much on the screen. but it is so great to play so i count it as fully playable anyway.

however yoshis island isnt fully playable for me becouse you need like 2-3 FS and even then it isnt 60 fps all the time. and besides platform games cant have FS on the psp in my eyes. it gets to ugly then to be fun to play :)