PDA

View Full Version : GTA Eboot Loader for v2.60 PSP Firmware also known as Eloader Released

wraggster
January 30th, 2006, 06:40
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-gta-usa.jpg

Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/) the master of the Eboot Loader for v2.0 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15875) PSPs and also the GTA Eboot Loader for v2.01 and v2.5 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17825) PSP Consoles, has inconjunction with Ditlew released the first Homebrew Loader for Sonys Latest V2.60 Firmware.

Remember you do need to own a legit copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=6533&lsaid=219793) and the real thanks for this software go to the likes of Fanjita, Ditlew, Edison Carter and the Devs over at PS2Dev.org, without them and without them only this would all not be possible.

Test this release and let us know how you get on :)

shiftybill
January 30th, 2006, 06:52
more great news for those stuck on 2.01+

idapimp
January 30th, 2006, 07:30
fanjita is the master

urherenow
January 30th, 2006, 07:41
news not on fanjita.org... where'd ya get teh news? :P

Sterist
January 30th, 2006, 07:46
...and the real thanks for this software go to the likes of Fanjita, Ditlew, Edison Carter and the Devs over at PS2Dev.org, without them and without them only this would all not be possible.

lol redundant

wowfan
January 30th, 2006, 08:37

hehe, i was wondering the same thing.. but its just one of those unsaid things here ive noticed.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82733&postcount=38

wakaru
January 30th, 2006, 08:51

Fanjita must be too busy working on the eLoader as to update his website.... First things first ;-) THAT is comitment to the scene. Hurray to Fanjita :-D

El Payo
January 30th, 2006, 10:22
Fanjita & Ditlew you guys have made my day! I bow down to your mastery.

Addictedd
January 30th, 2006, 12:03
tried loading two things from the eloader and no luck so far :( gonna try the snes emulator see if that boots up fine :D

Voltron
January 30th, 2006, 12:41
This is great. Sure PSP owners should upgrade no higher than 2.00, but soon if not already, PSP's will soon be preloaded with 2.01 2.50 & 2.60 right out of the box leaving the unlucky purchaser homebrew paralyzed. Not anymore thanks to Fanjita, Ditlew, and others. This opens the door for more people and ensures that the PSP homebrew legacy will live on and hopefully never die.

Before the PSP I was never into any homebrew scene. I bought my PSP never imagining what is possible with homebrew today, would be. Now, homebrew is what I enjoy most about the PSP.

Again, Thanks to all PSP homebrew developers for their dedication.

adanvey
January 30th, 2006, 12:43
Kool now we can upgrade to 2.6 and use Emulators!!! :) :cool:

AtariFreek
January 30th, 2006, 16:10
Snes Emulator Works Perfect 4 Me!!!!! GIMME AN F-A-N-J-I-T-A!!!!! WHAT DOES THAT SPELL???? FANJITA LORD OF HOMEBREW!!!!

vincesecuricor2005
January 30th, 2006, 17:03
uo_snes9x works fine but snes9x_TYL 0.2b which is supposed to work just shuts down the psp every time!, regardless an amazing breakthrough and once the eloader is refined my son will surely give me back my 2.0 lol

YourStillWithMe
January 30th, 2006, 17:41
I am truly happy for those still unfortunate 2.01+ users

You do all realize that Fanjita is the reason why the psp is what it is today? If it wasn't for him, we would still be trying to crack 2.00

xbloodsportx
January 30th, 2006, 17:47
well I can get the eboot loader to load but that is it, it will just freeze up and shut off

Chackan
January 30th, 2006, 22:03
Post the working homebrews here!

thesandspider`
January 31st, 2006, 02:04
Hey I get the eloader picture up but after that I can't choose a file or anything I placed in the game folder, It'll just shut off my psp after a few seconds. I'm excited to get some SNES workin. Anyone know what's up?

peace

January 31st, 2006, 13:54
could u guy tell me how to install the eloader 2.6 to psp ?

please please help me

thank a lots

xbloodsportx
January 31st, 2006, 14:23
well I got it to work finally frame rate is a lil slow but I have snes on my psp...wooohooo! Thanks Fanjita

THE ANSWER
January 31st, 2006, 18:25
Does PSPrevolution work on the 2.6 or is it possible to downgrade? I miss this game so much.

THE ANSWER
January 31st, 2006, 18:25
Does PSPrevolution work on the 2.6 or is it possible to downgrade? I miss this game so much.

February 1st, 2006, 00:32
could u guy tell me how to install the eloader 2.6 to psp ?

please please help me

thank a lots

crazy_biker420
February 1st, 2006, 05:38
this thing doesent work at all for me

KriMe
February 1st, 2006, 20:57
I dont know if anyone else has run into this problem but sometimes the loader does not work. It will load up and go to the Eboot menu screen and when i go to launch a game it launches, and it gives me a black screen then after about 20-30 seconds my PSP turns off. But 1 out of about 10 times it will load the game/app or whatever i am tring to run. I dont know if this is the loader or the game/app. I have only tried the Snes emulator.

Any suggestions would be greatlly appreciated. Thanks guys.

gijoendbarbie
February 2nd, 2006, 00:43
My Psp Is Gay And Nothing Works ...i Need Help Getting Any Thing To Work..i Put Anything On My Psp, But It Seys Corrupted Data..wat Am I Doing Rong?

me23
February 2nd, 2006, 12:29
Fanjita & Ditlew you guys have made my day! I bow down to your mastery.
:confused: what is this eloader thing

me23
February 2nd, 2006, 12:32
is a downgrader available for v2.60

x-zero
February 2nd, 2006, 15:06
Fanjita & Ditlew you guys ROCK!!

x-zero
February 2nd, 2006, 15:12
me23 just get a copy of GTA and download the GTA eloader insteded of downgrading.

musik13
February 2nd, 2006, 16:51
Do Fastloader Work On Eboot Loader Firmware 2,0 2,5 2,6

verymadchef
February 2nd, 2006, 17:08
this is a fantastic brake-through for all 2.6 users thanks fanjita

KriMe
February 2nd, 2006, 21:10
So does anyone know what Fanjita is working on now? He cleaning up the 2.6 ELoader or is he Tring to make a standalone Booter (to work without the help of gta) or is he just basking in his glory and fame... :-)

Kaiser
February 3rd, 2006, 01:27
Okay getting a tad off topic. PM me and I'll answer for some of you guys, at least the best I can.

luvproductionz
February 4th, 2006, 08:44
[I]does ne have a saved game of GTA

luvproductionz
February 4th, 2006, 08:45
[I]do you have a saved game of GTA

Dude1234
February 4th, 2006, 19:03
How can I run homebrew w/ the 2.60 firmware download

Foreverttw
February 5th, 2006, 06:59
Does ISO loaders such as "PSP Device Hook" work on the new eboot loader? I play ISO games on v1.5 right now, since there's no downgrader for v2.6, I don't want to upgrade my PSP unless I'm sure I can still play my ISO games such as "Burnout Legend".

fungus
February 5th, 2006, 07:24
Does ISO loaders such as "PSP Device Hook" work on the new eboot loader? I play ISO games on v1.5 right now, since there's no downgrader for v2.6, I don't want to upgrade my PSP unless I'm sure I can still play my ISO games such as "Burnout Legend".

You're the reason why Sony doesnt want to allow homebrew. You're the reason why we even had to crack 2.6 for homebrew. Scum of the pirating earth.

Foreverttw
February 5th, 2006, 13:40
You're the reason why Sony doesnt want to allow homebrew. You're the reason why we even had to crack 2.6 for homebrew. Scum of the pirating earth.

Playing emulators such as snes and NEOGEO is no difference from playing ISO files. NEOGEO japan were sold the korean years ago because everyone download NEOGEO games of the internet. Only that ISO you still buy and play with the actual system, don't make it sound like you're on the pure or non-evil side of the world. If you think ISO files should not be played, why not just complain to hackers why they ever made ISO loaders and crack PSP in ways that it may run them. You hack to do things they don't want you to do on it, therefore they make you require update. You think you're all right just because you play "non-psp" games and application for free, you're just as illegal as anyone else playing any game without a copyright.

Skye
February 5th, 2006, 14:24
Actually there is a difference, Nintendo really doesn't profit from SNES sales anymore. But you could always get a rom copier then it's legal. I have quite a collection of SNES games more than I have on my PSP anyway.

To answer your question no you can't play iso's on firmware version 2.0 and up, so I guess your out of luck. I sure hope Fanjita is able to keep it that way. Maybe we can kinda phase out the use of ISO loaders. =D

kidloak09
February 5th, 2006, 17:26
thank you fanjita for your work has out done us all.

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 18:28
someone please tell me why my PSP shuts down when i open the eloader on GTA and why it closes my psp
And how do u run eboots with and sum1 give me good site with alot of games
Sorry but is there windows XP on PSP yet

skpippins
February 5th, 2006, 18:57
i got it to work with tetris this is great but where can i find the nes ones anyone know.i have the ver 2.6 and by accident i had ver 1.52 and i am new to the psp i updated without knowing what was going to happen.also i want to get pacman too..that fanjita is unbelievable a god to the psp and all the people who work with him.

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 19:08
How did u get it to work on 2.60 because i cant and i know where to get pacman if you tell me

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 21:14
someone please help i want to do this be for my trip so i have alot of games to play

yaustar
February 5th, 2006, 21:24
i got it to work with tetris this is great but where can i find the nes ones anyone know.i have the ver 2.6 and by accident i had ver 1.52 and i am new to the psp i updated without knowing what was going to happen.also i want to get pacman too..that fanjita is unbelievable a god to the psp and all the people who work with him.
I dont think NesterJ works with the eLoader yet. As for Pacman, you might be able to find one for the Master System.

Here is a list of the homebrew that does/does not work on the lodader.
http://www.fanjita.org/content/gta_working.html

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 21:35
yaustar can u please help me i hate this eboot thing but i like the games

yaustar
February 5th, 2006, 21:40
If I could, I would have already. Unfortunately I still use ver1.00.

All I can suggest is that you check the readme, make sure you have files in the correct folder/location and try again. Get something simple like Tetris working first and work on to individual homebrew.

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 21:43
Do i just put the eboot in the games file then run the GTA thing then click the game or what and how do i click the game if that works

yaustar
February 5th, 2006, 21:50
What can/cant you get working?

Can you get as far as the eBoot menu?

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 21:54
yes i just dont get what to do in playing the game

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 5th, 2006, 21:57
if u have MSN can i please have cuz its easier to talk

yaustar
February 5th, 2006, 22:01
What is your msn address?

mrjohnnice
February 5th, 2006, 22:40
What game actually work on 2.6 with this eloader, all as I can get to work is mini mario

yaustar
February 5th, 2006, 22:42
These ones:

mrjohnnice
February 5th, 2006, 23:01
These ones:

I've already printed out the list and tried loads that where supposed to work and they don't. The only one I could get working out of about 10 was the new mini mario game.

yaustar
February 5th, 2006, 23:16
ah hell.. not again... Are any other 2.6 users having this problem?

mrjohnnice
February 5th, 2006, 23:28
do you know if there is a forum where working games for 2.6 are posted?

Skye
February 5th, 2006, 23:41
Trying loading the programs over and over. It seems you have to try quite a few times. Also try removing your battery and then loading it, I wanna know if that helps.

mrjohnnice
February 6th, 2006, 00:16
Tried that, still didn't work,, I give in. I'll just wait until it states on game desciption that it has been tried and works on 2.6 like the mini mario did (which works every time). How do I post a new topic? I can't find it

yaustar
February 6th, 2006, 00:34
Top left. New Thread

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 6th, 2006, 16:16
is there a bug in the beta??

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 6th, 2006, 16:18
can anyone give me a link that is not from this website cuz i tried that one

Elsid
February 6th, 2006, 22:26
Wow that's great!

Elsid
February 6th, 2006, 22:28
what does this application actuelly do? :confused:
Thanks

yaustar
February 7th, 2006, 00:31
So this means i can play ISO files right? cause my friend has all these ISO games and it don't work on my PSP, can anyone help in this situation, what should i do, i have 2.6 firewire, has anyone cracked it yet?
ISO discussion is not permitted on this forum.

The GTA eLoader allows you to play some of the homebrew/emulators that are out on version 2.01-2.6 firmwares.

crossfadeking
February 7th, 2006, 08:53
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=35743

there are some emulators that work!!!
i can recomend scummvm!! my favourite!

Elsid
February 7th, 2006, 20:43
Where can i get the games from?

lilvietquoc
February 7th, 2006, 22:38
is kernal-mode a possiblility?

crossfadeking
February 8th, 2006, 15:28
cant post where to get the games from on here!!!
sorry!!!
just do a search for them!!!
they are outthere!!

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 8th, 2006, 22:04
Yaustar can u go on msn

Nova700
February 10th, 2006, 01:52
i extract the files to my root directory, but i dont get the eloader menu when i go to load game in gta...what should i do?

Emeriastone
February 11th, 2006, 06:40
Is it possible to exploit games other than GTA like this (for eloader purposes)?

jimbojimwj
February 11th, 2006, 21:01
i have 2.6 came with psp how do i get emulators to work?

Elsid
February 11th, 2006, 21:09
Fanjita,
A "True Genius", What would we gamers do without?

catamaul
February 13th, 2006, 20:11
FYI - I am currently running 2.6 firmware.

It appears as though there are quite a few questions as to how one uses/installs this loader. I am not sure why no one is addressing people comments (perhaps people are assuming that people asking questions should be consulting diffrent threads?). Here is what I have discovered, and hopefully it will help someone.

Loading it:
The instructions that come with the loader instruct the user to copy the files into the top most folder in the PSP's directory. This does not mean you copy the files themselves as there are folders in the zipped package of the loader.

If you open the zipped file you can see these folders and determine which folder the files need to be installed into. The files are the equivalent of a saved game file. Copying them into your saved games will make them accessable as a game you can load in GTA.

Make sure you have a recently saved GTA game on your PSP, as GTA's autoloading feature will load the most recently created save game, and if your GTA game save was made before the loader it will load the loader and crash. You can either take out your mem stick, and play the game to a save point and save a new game if you need to.

Using it:
Once loaded as a saved game, or saved on your system as you would have a saved game, start your system with GTA or access your GTA game from the PSP menu. Once GTA is loaded, press start and go to load a game as you normally would. A selectable option will be the loader. Once you select it the system will ask you a confirming question. Click yes once or twice and the loader will loadup.

Once the loader is set up, you can access the games you have saved on your system. To save homebrew games on your system, download them and save them according to the instructions (usually in the games folder).

Now I have gotten the loader to load, and I have games that I can see from the loader, but I have yet to get ANY of them to work. I have done the battery trick. I have tried put near all of the games that are listed on Fanjita's site, but NONE of them load. System thinks, then shut's off after a minute or so. I have read that you may need to load the game 10 times or so for it to work. Considering every time you try you have to:

Start PSP
Load GTA
Load Loader
Load Homebrew
Wait.....
Kicks you out.

If you figure it takes you all those steps every time is kicks you out, consider that's about 3 - 5 minutes a pop, and I find it very frustrating.

I console myself by saying it's beta, and it will be running better soon.

theonegrafx
February 17th, 2006, 06:02
I can't get super mario kart to work on my psp. i have firmware 2.6

which snes emulator should i use?
are there only certain games that work, if so which one's?

jmrp56
February 18th, 2006, 04:34
Can anyone tell me which snes eboot do i have to use with the 2.6 eloader??
Thanks a lot

rpgamer86
February 19th, 2006, 19:39
Do someone know if the WabVersionChanger_V2.5_UMD works with this eloader?
Thanks

yaustar
February 20th, 2006, 02:43
Do someone know if the WabVersionChanger_V2.5_UMD works with this eloader?
Thanks
If you are using this eLoader, then you are already on 2.01 or above so why would you need a Version changer?

jooneysmacku
February 22nd, 2006, 03:15
what emulators work for this one

JollyRoger
February 22nd, 2006, 04:04
I use uo snes9x 2y32,and Dgen 0.70,

paulmw30
February 22nd, 2006, 13:37
I have 2.60 and can't seem to get this to work

Have tried castaway from the loader menu and get the following :-

Found suspicious hard path at 08A5153C
ms0:psp/game/atari_st/disk_a.st

then it resets my psp

Any clues ?

D0N
February 22nd, 2006, 14:00
no ideas m8.

paulmw30
February 24th, 2006, 12:13
I've had a nother try with the updated eloader and am now getting

error: castaway emulator can only be run from the folder :

ms0: /psp/game/atari_st/

I have the following folders in that folder :-

castaway(v1.0)
CaSTawayPSP
CaSTawayPSP%

The rom is in this root folder (atari_st) so what am I missing ? Any Ideas ?

Thanks

elfar50
February 24th, 2006, 14:36
Hello for all of you, I read here and there, but I really lost. I have 3 PSP 2.60 and I do not know what to do with (firmware upgrade/downgrade) I have 3 Question 1: What kind of downgrader should I use? 2: What kind of firmware should I go? 3: Where can I find free games? Thank you and have a nice day

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
February 26th, 2006, 18:37
Im having trouble with my DGEN all the games i try to use are like 4GB in size can someone please help??i think i have the files their .smd

RYAN!!!!!!!!!
March 5th, 2006, 16:38
Hi if i want to make NES roms and have the actual NES game how can i make the rom???

Sketchy
March 12th, 2006, 18:24
hey peeps, i am in great need of help. i extracted the eloader beta 260 as instructed by the readme.txt. only thing is when i load it via gta:lcs the eloader menu appears (wiv no list at all) and given 10 - 20 seconds my psp turns off. :mad: any help will be greatly appreciated.
Peace. :D

NIN-10-DOUGH/SAY-GAH
March 20th, 2006, 21:52
hello noobs and noobetts, look download the newest eloader v.96 or i think its v.95 and place all the files in these areas:
E: \l_095.bin
E:\tsr_095.bin
E:\a_095.bin
E:\README.TXT
E:\psp\eloader\loadmenu095.pbp
E:\psp\eloader\loadmenu.tga
E: \psp\eloader\loader095.cfg
E: \psp\eloader\gta200.nid
E:\psp\eloader\gta250.nid
E: \psp\eloader\gta260.nid
E:\psp\eloader\vsh200.nid
E:\psp\photo\wifibackground.png
E:\psp\photo\Wifi Loader 095\loader2.tiff
E:\psp\photo\Wifi Loader 095\ready.png
E:\psp\photo\eLoader 095\aaa.gif
E:\psp\photo\eLoader 095\run_095.tif
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00182S5\DATA.BIN
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00182S5\ICON0.PNG
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00182S5\PARAM.SFO
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00182S5\PIC1.PNG
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00182S5\tetris.bin
E:\psp\savedata\ULUS10041S5\DATA.BIN
E:\psp\savedata\ULUS10041S5\PARAM.SFO
E:\psp\savedata\ULUS10041S5\PIC1.PNG
E:\psp\savedata\ULUS10041S5\icon0.png
E:\psp\savedata\ULUS10041S5\tetris.bin
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00151S5\DATA.BIN
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00151S5\ICON0.PNG
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00151S5\PARAM.SFO
E: \psp\savedata\ULES00151S5\PIC1.PNG
E:\psp\savedata\ULES00151S5\tetris.bin
\utils\EBOOT_signature.exe
\utils\touch.exe
the eboot loader doesnt play all homebrew but it plays many, if you choose a homebrew and the screen goes black and shuts off most likely it doesnt work. If you want a list of working homebrew go to fanjita's website www.fanjita.org if you have any questions email me.

Galiano
March 20th, 2006, 23:33
I've had a nother try with the updated eloader and am now getting

error: castaway emulator can only be run from the folder :

ms0: /psp/game/atari_st/

I have the following folders in that folder :-

castaway(v1.0)
CaSTawayPSP
CaSTawayPSP%

The rom is in this root folder (atari_st) so what am I missing ? Any Ideas ?

Thanks

put the contents of CASTAWAYPSP folder and castaway(v1.0) in one folder called ATARI_ST

psplver
April 13th, 2006, 21:48
hey i try to download fanjitas thing but is keeps coming up as corrupted data

linkoraclehero
May 1st, 2006, 08:42
Let me help everyone out here by posting a few tips on using the loader to stop the confusion...

- The current version is 0.97 (Bock) . If you have an older version, upgrade.
- You need a legit UMD of Grand Thieft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
- You MUST use the installer for windows OR install the loader as explained in the readme in the zip file.
- Not all EBoots work. Some syscalls, System Calls, are not fully implimented, as Fanjita explained.
- ALL EBoots MUST, I repeat, MUST be in ms0:/PSP/GAME/. replace ms0 with your PSP's drive letter.
- If the folder in /PSP/GAME/ does NOt contain a file called eboot.pbp, then it is NOT the correct folder from the archive. Look into the archive until you find the folder that has the eboot.pbp file in it.
- If you edit the /PSP/GAME/ file system using FileManager or FA, you MUST delete the eBoot Cache in /PSP/ELOADER, unless you got the alternate version of Bock (0.97).
- If a game does not work, delete it, or read the readme that came with the game to make sure it was installed properly. Unlike 0.95 and below where trying again often worked, from my experience, bock is FLAWLESS at loading.
- USB does NOT work in with a GTA load.
- Infra-red seems to not work.
- Use 1.0 eBoots in favor of 1.5 eBoots. If you must use 1.5 eBoots, do not add the duplicate folder with the % sign added. This often causes the loader to not load at all, or the game to not load to the list.
- If your faced with downloading kernel-mode or user-mode versions of an app, get user mode. Very seldomly do kernel-mode apps fail.
- The loader is FLAWED and no longer in development. Some eBoots will load and crash. some will not load at all. Some will not respond like they should.

To run, start Grand Thieft Auto. Why else would you need to buy it? :P
If another game save loads, use the start menu to load the eBoot loader gamesave.

The loader works by loading a eboot through a gamesave, and that eboot loads another eboot, which will ALSO load another eboot (yours).

To go over, the eboot.pbp files should be like so:

ms0:/PSP/GAME/(GAMENAME)/eboot.pbp

You SHOULD have a /PSP/ELoader folder with a pbp and a few other files in it.

There must be that game save in the GTA saves directory.

And best off, you probably should have read Fanjitas readme. Alot of this is all covered in it. He was smart enough to build it, he was smart enough to tell you how to use it :D

Fanjita also reccomends using Edison Carters cheat device, loading it first, unloading it (or eLoader won't load at all) with L + R + Up, and loading the eLoader gamesave.

Any questions, e-mail me or Fanjita.
[email protected]

Thanks,
- James L.
Deep Blue Games

Dan-da-man
May 1st, 2006, 12:38
Hi Guys, can anyone help!.

I have a US PSP, which has been upgraded to 2.6. I am running the eloader for GTA, and trying to load the snes emu. The PSP just shuts down after I load? I have tried to find the answer elsewhere, but have been unsuccessful, so I have posted here.

Hope you can help!