PDA

View Full Version : Rin cheat files

Kaiser
January 31st, 2006, 02:38
Does anyone know how to make these or know a place I can download them from?

I've tried making them my self through notepad and using gameshark codes. Check my file attached to this post. I don't know whats wrong with it but it still won't work. Its a zipped .tch file. Which is the file Rin is supposed to read. I don't use a zipped version of it in my cheat folder either. I only had to zip it in order to upload it on the forums.

masterfate
January 31st, 2006, 10:29
Remove the text and only place one cheat code per file.

Kaiser
January 31st, 2006, 21:52
Still does not work. I tried both files multiple times.

Kaiser
February 3rd, 2006, 02:53
So I've been searching a lot for information about these cheat files still cannot find anything.

One last bump here.

hoodiejuggalo
February 20th, 2006, 02:27
I'm havin' a huge problem with this as well. Has anyone figured it out?

John_Arne_Riise
April 16th, 2006, 11:27
same problem here, i had it working yesterday but now it just says load error.

Librider
April 16th, 2006, 16:44
This should work. Just drop it in the cheats folder, do not zip the file. Extract the file before you put it in the folder.

TacticalBread
May 6th, 2006, 00:55
What am I supposed to do with the AllStarter? I put it in the cheat folder and I get Load Failed when I try to load it.

TacticalBread
May 6th, 2006, 01:25
Sorry for the double post, but I foud a program that works perfectly! http://www.psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=4944 :D Just copy the codes directly from the COdeJunkies site in the readme, and paste them in the program, follow the instructions in the readme, save it and they work great! Yay!

under_0ath777
August 5th, 2006, 05:11
that ones gay, use tgb dual gameboy emulator (emu for PC) then use the gameshark, save it, put extension .tch

xiblackosirisix
February 19th, 2007, 02:53
could someone tell me if this is right? for Pokemon Blue...

madcat1990
February 19th, 2007, 03:59
I made a program for people like you guys, use my rin cheat maker....

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=314719#post314719

xiblackosirisix
February 19th, 2007, 04:01
that kinda hurts >.<;;

but thanks

psphacker45
February 29th, 2008, 02:04
Thanks

psphacker45
February 29th, 2008, 02:11
Put a extra space

airjosh97
August 21st, 2008, 11:15
lolz cool

RaynbowJoe
February 11th, 2010, 23:31
I've watched 3 different youtube videos to make sure that there wasn't anything anyone left out and to make sure I was doing everything right. So I assume I did everything right yet the file always fails to load.

The attachment is the rom as well as the cheat file to show that they have the same exact name, aside from the file extension. In the cheat file there is a line break between each code, I've tried this without the line break, as well as tried to group the codes together as one big code. Nothing is working. Can someone please help me. Thanks!

P.S. I did see the link for a program to help make the cheat codes but I want to be able to do this myself rather than relying on a program, call me old fashioned. ;-)

**UPDATE** I tried using the program, it still didn't work :(
**BEST UPDATE** Ok, so I am using Windows 7, and I noticed when I had to Save As.. in Notepad that it gives me options to save the file as ACSI, Unicode, Unicode-8 and something else, I changed the type from ACSI to Unicode and now RIN loads the cheat file successfully! HUZZAH for figuring out myself!
**BAD UPDATE** Ok, so I have determined that I can not use any kind of cheats on my older version of RIN, I'm not sure what version it is or how to find out that version. I downloaded version 3.3 today, and I got the cheat file to load successfully however I still can't choose anything from the cheat code menu and because of that I am once again at a loss please help if you can! Thanks so much!