PDA

View Full Version : Multidisc eboot (FF7) and background music issues

Lex24
January 20th, 2009, 05:19
Okay I have two problems:

1 -
I've been trying for a while now to get a multidisc version of FF7 working on my PSP (ie all discs in the same eboot) but I just can't get it to run. I've tried psx2psp v1.42 which creates an eboot which won't start (gives an invalid PRX type error, and yes I have a genuine sony mspd), and impalerPSX which creates an eboot that starts but just seems to do nothing when you select new game. You can still access the menu from home but the screen remains black. Another weird error is that with Impaler it won't even manage to make the eboot if you try and add icons and backgrounds to it.

2 -
While doing this I've been trying to get background music for the gameboot working. I have a working at3 sound file and add it to the options when creating the eboot but for some reason it doesn't play at all. Does it have to be a certain size or length?

Just to clarify I'm attempting to convert a PAL copy of the game from my own discs I ripped. Also a single disc eboot of the game created with psx2psp works fine albeit without the background music.

Correction: I got some severe graphical glitchs after playing for a short while on the single disc version. Posssibly a problem with the disc rips themselves?

Lex24
January 26th, 2009, 01:49
Bump, btw I'm also using M33-6, was using M33-4 at the time of post. Just updated though so going to try it now. Sound issue still pertains even with the new firmware.

insane90
February 9th, 2009, 23:30
Cant answer your question about multi disk eboot, because i've never tried.

But i'm pretty sure the at3 loop file needs to be as small as possible really.

-.GTR95.-
February 10th, 2009, 04:30
da same here,i can not help ya now,i have never tried FF7