PDA

View Full Version : Pandora will not charge

savetherocks
January 23rd, 2009, 04:49
I have a pandora battery (hard-modded) (phat 1800 mAh) that used to work perfectly but now it doesn't work. I thought it might be dead but when I tried to charge it the orange charge light just flashed for a few minutes and then the light went away. I've tried doing this by turning on the psp with AC adapter then putting in the pandora battery, but to no avail. How can I charge/use my battery??:confused:

murgero1
January 24th, 2009, 14:13
Hard-modded? did you solder to hot? you might have disconected the charger port for the battery.

Buddy4point0
January 24th, 2009, 21:22
For me, I found that the only way I could charge mine was too:

Take out the Battery.
Plug in your PSP.
Start you PSP, without the battery.
When you PSP is on, insert the battery.
It should then charge like a normal battery.

Qmark
February 9th, 2009, 08:55
You are going to have to connect a 4-volt LED to contacts 1 and 3 on the battery, and let it drain out over the course of several days.

What's happening is that the old Pandora battery setups screwed up the charge meter, and the battery will eventually claim to have 0% power when it's really got quite a bit of charge in it.
The battery charges until it no longer accepts electrons, but the internal charge meter thinks it's stone dead. Discharging the battery will physically remove any charge from the battery, causing it to reset to 0% while actually having 0% charge.

The reason a LED is needed is because simply shorting the contacts will rapidly overheat the battery and very likely cause it to explode.

-.GTR95.-
February 10th, 2009, 03:56
For me, I found that the only way I could charge mine was too:

Take out the Battery.
Plug in your PSP.
Start you PSP, without the battery.
When you PSP is on, insert the battery.
It should then charge like a normal battery.

very very close,but wrong i hard modded mine as well,but im a pro so i did fine.But its most likely that the charger port wire,was indeed disconnected or jsut poor wiring and choice of adhesive.