PDA

View Full Version : PSP 2000/3000 Help

PlagueMusic
January 24th, 2009, 16:31
[YES I KNOW HOW TO RUN HOMEBREW]
okay im buying a new psp after my old one broke a year ago and im wondering if your losing homebrew compatability on the 2000 model. Last time i checked, you need specific homebrew versions that were made just for the slim and you can only play those?

one line question:
can i play all homebrew on the 2000?

Buddy4point0
January 24th, 2009, 21:31
No, you can't play all homebrew on the 2000, but you can play most of it.
Not much homebrew requires the 1.5 kernal anymore, you can play anything that doesn't.

PlagueMusic
January 25th, 2009, 17:43
thanks buddy point!
good thing mostly all widely used apps are working

ENX
January 26th, 2009, 11:24
i have been offered a psp 2000 with the latest firmware installed do i need to downgrade it to play psx and snes games or can i just install the custom firmware straight onto it by dark alex, also is it possible to save your status on psx games.

Lex24
January 26th, 2009, 14:49
Downgrading has been made pretty much irrelevant by the latest cracking methods. All you need is a pandoras battery (this can either be made or bought, there's plenty of places that can tell you more about it) and a magic memory stick (you can buy these as well, but they're pretty easy to make). Once you have those two things you can just install the CFW straight on to it.

To both the previous and original poster just note there are some PSP motherboard versions that prevent CFW installation. These are really only found in the 3000 (best to avoid the 3000 now, it's not CFW friendly right now) and the tail end of the 2000's (those made quite recently).

Most 2000's are fine though, but if you really want to play it safe you could go for a phat like I did.

ENX
January 27th, 2009, 12:14
thanks Lex24 will probably just grab a phat now, can you save the status of psx games and other emus on the memory stick and does it effect playing psp games.