PDA

View Full Version : PS1, FF:VII - International version, Eboot problem!

stueyachillin
January 24th, 2009, 23:59
Okay, so I've downloaded the international version of Final Fantasy VII. Though it's called 'International' it was only ever released in japan, and my friend is interested in giving it a try cause she's a final fantasy nut xD ^^; so I'm downloading it for her and attemtping to make the eboot.pbp of it ready for when she gets her PSP next week =p
Currently trying to create a multi disk eboot of it, and also tried a single disk eboot of the 1st disk.
It just doesnt want to work
I have all the files and about 4 different popstation/eboot makers. Tried changing region on the PSP to American too at the recovery menu.
The name of the game is:

[PSX-ISO]-Final.Fantasy.7-(VII)-(Incl.International.CD4)-[NTSC-U]-[SCUS-94163~5.SLPS-01060]-m3Zz

So it's a japanese game, but seems it's region is NTSC-U
Which Im asuming/pretty sure means USA ??
But jsut for confirmation.. ^^;

On another note..

Maybe converting the .bin/.cue file from NTSC-U to PAL would help, before converting it to eboot.pbp ??

I have PSP Phat by the way.

Ive tried to give you all as much information as possible, sorry if I've rambled, but it's just really baffled me why it doesnt work
Because FF: DISSIDIA Japanese version works okay without region change or anything, cause I was playing it earlier =p .
Also I've converted PAL version of original FFVII to eboot.pbp before.

~ Stu

EDIT: I have the files too if anyone would want me to send them the files to have a go at converting them

Any help is appreciated!!

stueyachillin
January 25th, 2009, 01:10
PROBLEM SOLVED!! =d
Turns out it was just the converters I were using, guess it was just bad picking -_-
PSX2PSP V.1.4 solved the problem =p
Ran into a little other problem of the eboot.pbp showing as 'corrupted data' even though I had it in the 'GAME ' folder.
Used the pretty much infinete resource known as the 'internet ' and it's partner ' Google ' xD to look up that problem, turns out I had the name of the folder containing eboot.pbp too many characters

Had it named as:

Final Fantasy VII - International

So I shortened it to:

FFVII-I

=D

I feel so stupid now, I had been at these problems for the last 2 days ><

Guess I saved you guys the troube though =p

Anywayyyyy...
Cheerz!