PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM Daily Release 17th October

DCEmu_Newsposter
October 17th, 2004, 19:25
The ScummVM Daily Dreamcast Site (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/dcf-miroir1/scummvm-CVS-Daily-Snapshots/index.html) has been updated with a new release and quite a bit of news:[br][br] New Games:[br] - Added SAGA engine (for the games and "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream"[br] and "Inherit the Earth")[br] - Added 26 Humongous Entertainment titles, only a few are completable.[br][br] General:[br] - Added support for FLAC (lossless) encoded audio files[br] - Added an 'On Screen Display' to the SDL backend[br] - Partially rewrote the backend API[br] - Comments and the order of section in config files are preserved now[br] - Updated AdvMame scalers based on scale2x 2.0 - AdvMame3x looks nicer now,[br] and AdvMame2x is MMX accelerated[br] - Added MMX i386 assembler versions of the HQ2x and HQ3x scalers[br] - Added 'Extra Path' option allows for a searching an additional datafile[br] location (for reencoded cutscenes and the like)[br] - Disabled Alt-x and Ctrl-z quit keys in favour of Ctrl-q on unix like[br] operating systems, like Linux (exception: Mac OS X still uses Cmd-q)[br][br] SCUMM:[br] - Removed the old zak256 target, use zakTowns instead[br] - Added native support for Macintosh versions using a special container[br] file. This removes the need for using the 'RESCUMM' program[br] - Added smooth horizontal scrolling for The Dig, Full Throttle and COMI[br] (matching the original engine)[br] - Partially rewrote the text engine, fixing various bugs, especially in [br] newer games (The Dig, COMI)[br] - Fixed actor drawing glitches in V1 Maniac and Zak[br] - Fixed ship-to-ship graphic glitches in COMI[br] - Fixed palette glitches in COMI[br][br] Queen:[br] - Fixed some issues with the Dreamcast backend.[br][br] Sword1:[br] - Added support for compressed speech and music.[br][br] Sword2:[br] - Simplified memory/resource management[br] - Simplified sound effects handling[br] - Added support for compressed speech and music.[br] - Fixed various minor bugs. [br][br]Download from link above.