PDA

View Full Version : DS Lite switch solder points

xtractor
January 27th, 2009, 17:17
Hi Hey hello and greetings, quite new to the scene, need some pointers on the following.

I currently have the problem where the Nintendo DS Lite does not turn on (Charges fine, orange light comes on) but totally dead when attempting to switch on.

The switch was broken not long before that and was using a Paper clip to switch it on, I think the board might of short circuted or somehow broke due to it. Ive checked Fuses F1 + F2 with a multimeter, .. but they seem absolutely fine.

Im now thinking there might be a problem with the switch it self and want to know how I can make a temp switch to confirm that, So if anyone can confirm what solder points to do this. From the picture below, ive already tried connecting pin 1 and 2 .. but nothing happens.

any tips appreciated!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2501298652_45aff6f2a3.jpg

xtractor
January 28th, 2009, 16:06
After further investigations I found the L2 resister looking thing on the left to the switch was missing! must of got knocked out at some stage.

Read somewhere I can just short it and should work, as that part reads 0hms with a meter.

Will be trying it out tonight when i get home..

Spacehop
February 7th, 2009, 02:37
Well,, i dont think that crack on that big square componant shuld be there. dont short nothin, do it proply or dont do it. if u go any further u might needa new board

Spacehop
February 8th, 2009, 13:08
Ive just replaced my power switch to a button

ChaoticanarchyX
March 10th, 2009, 23:58
I've replaced a few switchs, lemme tell you, It aint no fun.