PDA

View Full Version : GenPlus 1.3.1 - Help

Songoshin
January 28th, 2009, 17:40
Hi everyone, I got some problems with GenPlus 1.3.1 in a channel.

Using a SD Card.
genplus/roms
genplus/saves

I do manage to start the emulator ...
Click on load game ... I see the list of game.
Click on A to load the game.

Then the emulator stop, I receive a black screen with Error.

Any idea of what am doing wrong ?

Thanks

eke-eke
February 2nd, 2009, 10:24
Hi everyone, I got some problems with GenPlus 1.3.1 in a channel.

Using a SD Card.
genplus/roms
genplus/saves

I do manage to start the emulator ...
Click on load game ... I see the list of game.
Click on A to load the game.

Then the emulator stop, I receive a black screen with Error.

Any idea of what am doing wrong ?

Thanks

be sure to use valid genesis ROM files (.md, .bin, .smd), zipped (.zip) or not

if the ROM file is fine, your problem is certainly due to a corrupted SDCARD: the file is seen but could not be "physically" read, which results in a crash when the emulator try to execute it.

in that case, best solution is to format the card (FAT/FAT32)

Songoshin
February 2nd, 2009, 12:57
Hi eke-eke,

Thanks for trying to help me on this one.

I will try to format my SDHC card and reput the data.

It just weird that my snes9x GX, FCEU Gx work with the same card without trouble.

So far I found an old version of the genesis emulator that work ... just sad that it is not the lastess version.

Best Regards

eke-eke
February 3rd, 2009, 10:30
well, other emulators are not supposed to load your genesis ROM files so if only the ROM folder is corrupted, this won't affect other emulators

your last comment is weird though:what version are you using that work ?

also, what is your configuration (video settings, PAL or NTSC, etc...) ? Try to modify some of the emulator settings to see if that helps (when teh carsh occurs, you can hit the RESET button to reload the Homebrew Channel)

also, please provide additional informations about the error screen you got ( those lines with something like 0x80.... -> 0x80..... -> ...)

all that I know is that such kind of crash should not happen and it's the first crash report I've got with this version

Songoshin
February 3rd, 2009, 13:19
Thanks again for your help eke-eke.

I did try the format of the SD... used the panasonic SD Formater... Still crash.

Tonight I will get you a "pic" of the crash screen.
Also I will try to see what version I got that work.

BTW extra info :
I got a 3.4U wii with a downgrade of the CIOS.
Chipped with a wiikey2.

Thanks

Songoshin
February 3rd, 2009, 23:35
ok Eke-Eke ...

Did some try with different configuration ... didn't work.

Did took 2 pictures of the screen when it crash

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6628/img0906vy7.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0906vy7.jpg)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3722/img0917gt6.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0917gt6.jpg)

for the working version ... I don't know what it is since I downloaded a channel.

Thanks for all

eke-eke
February 4th, 2009, 10:06
hum, seems like the 1.3.1 version is a little unstable, I can see where it crashes but I thought I had this fixed before the release (with an hugly hack I admit)

at least, this crash was fixed for me with this hack and I had no crash report until yours

did you put the 1.3.1 dol yourself into a channel or did you downloaded it somewhere ? It could be that someone modified the sourcecode for using it as a channel (is the "Return to Loader" option still here in the menu ?) and that modified the memory usage of the program, making it crash

You should use the original boot.dol provided here (http://genplus-gx.googlecode.com/files/genplus-gx-1.3.1.7z)with the Homebrew Channel and see if that works better.

Btw, modified versions and WAD craps are not supported, it should not be my problem if they don't work.

Songoshin
February 5th, 2009, 22:36
Hi eke-eke ...

Did the test with the version you gave me and it work.

Must be the wad that is craps.

Thanks for you help.

:thumbup:

WiiDude123
February 17th, 2010, 13:12
Hi all,

I have the same problem, I have the last version of Genplus installed into the hbc and I got my roms from the site coolrom.com and romnation.net

and everytime I try to load a game I have that black screen!

I have a 2gb sandisk sd card FAT16 others emulators are working fine.

I try to load .bin .iso and .smd file but no success

I have a recent wii with system menu 4.2u with hbc and dvdx installed

I also try to load a game with an original cd of sega cd (I still have my old games) but I always get the message that is unable to mount dvd

I wonder if I have to install a cIOS or something onto my wii to make it work ? but I think I don't have to if I load it from a sd card ?

Any suggestion would be appreciated, I have try many differents things like re-installing the genplus and make sure it is the last version and try different games.

WiiDude123
March 9th, 2010, 01:42
Hi all, noboady have any idea what I can try to make it work ? ^^ Any help will be very appreciated :)

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have the same problem, I have the last version of Genplus installed into the hbc and I got my roms from the site coolrom.com and romnation.net

and everytime I try to load a game I have that black screen!

I have a 2gb sandisk sd card FAT16 others emulators are working fine.

I try to load .bin .iso and .smd file but no success

I have a recent wii with system menu 4.2u with hbc and dvdx installed

I also try to load a game with an original cd of sega cd (I still have my old games) but I always get the message that is unable to mount dvd

I wonder if I have to install a cIOS or something onto my wii to make it work ? but I think I don't have to if I load it from a sd card ?

Any suggestion would be appreciated, I have try many differents things like re-installing the genplus and make sure it is the last version and try different games.