PDA

View Full Version : frodoDS

bodeiseifer
January 28th, 2009, 17:56
how do i load d64 games?
i press L, select game, then press R and it always says file not found error?

AzeveL
January 29th, 2009, 12:02
the file is .d64?

maybe frodods not read the files .tap and .t64

crookedmouth
February 2nd, 2009, 03:50
how do i load d64 games?
i press L, select game, then press R and it always says file not found error?

If you have the .d64 files in the correct folder in the root of your card (This would be a folder named RD for GPF's unaltered release), many times these cracked versions of these games have a dummy file for the first file. If you get this file not found error simply type out LOAD"$",8, press enter, then type LIST and enter again. You will be greeted with a directory of the disk. Find your file name and manually type out LOAD"YOURFILENAME",8,1

Alternately you can load the first file that begins with a letter you choose by using this format.
LOAD"*L",8,1
This will load the first file that begins with "L" like Lode Runner for instance.

anthonyharris
February 19th, 2009, 19:02
Hello again, been away for a while. anything new happening with this emu.

crookedmouth
March 12th, 2009, 12:12
Do you know that a guy named congoblase made some useful changes awhile back to the source.He added a menu so you can change 1541 emulation, skip-frames ect.. on the fly. There is even adjustable screen scaling.

Use the newest version with changes by congoblase. This has a nice menu.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148129660&postcount=73

Rename your RD folder to D64. Run this version of frodods(splash screen has a frog).Read the instructions, touch the screen to enter the emulator. The menu is very different, for instance to load games now you press the Left Shoulder and X I think to get to the menu. I think it's all on the splash screen.

anthonyharris
March 15th, 2009, 18:45
excellent, will try it now, cheers