PDA

View Full Version : Joggle v2 Released

DCEmu_Newsposter
September 19th, 2004, 12:16
Warmtoe has kindly released a new version of his excellent Joggle game for the Dreamcast. heres what he said about this release.[br][br] Heres a new demo version of Joggle - the primary difference is that this one works on a DC - but there have also been some additions in terms of the game play - most significant is that there is the beginnings of sound in there (no music yet) and now there are 3 stages to play. [br][br]Download from the Joggle Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/joggle.shtml)

curt_grymala
September 20th, 2004, 12:18
SBI is available from Sbiffy!com (http://www.sbiffy.com/)

Kamjin
September 20th, 2004, 21:04
Warmtoe,

Finally had a chance to try it with the changes, plays good! Currenly burning it so I can move over to the couch with it.. just one little detail.. Put up a fake tileset when it's pausing.. there's too much temptation there!

warmtoe
September 21st, 2004, 05:31
Warmtoe,

Finally had a chance to try it with the changes, plays good! Currenly burning it so I can move over to the couch with it.. just one little detail.. Put up a fake tileset when it's pausing.. there's too much temptation there!

Hah! Tell you what, I could probably easily not display the letters, only the tiles - or perhaps randomly change the letters it's displaying!

Good suggestion!

Eric
September 21st, 2004, 07:02
Hey all i have to say is this game is rather fun and found it pretty complicating good strategie game

Maximo2703
September 23rd, 2004, 19:34
wow warmtoe im surprised in how much i actually liked this game. at first i thought oh boy wow spelling words how fun....then i played it and its actually kewl. if your still looking for someone to do some graphics/art such as letter tiles and tile screen i thinking of tryin my hand considering i had some ideas for them. just let me know. good work though

warmtoe
September 26th, 2004, 04:03
wow warmtoe im surprised in how much i actually liked this game. at first i thought oh boy wow spelling words how fun....then i played it and its actually kewl. if your still looking for someone to do some graphics/art such as letter tiles and tile screen i thinking of tryin my hand considering i had some ideas for them. just let me know. good work though

Thanks dude - I'm still working on some of the gameplay aspects - including the AI for CPU players.

I do have someone working on the GFX already - thanks for the offer though... If you have any other ideas about improving the game, by all means let me know and I'll see what I can do...

Ian_micheal
September 26th, 2004, 22:35
It's nice WT glad to see such a great release from you.. :)

Darksaviour69
September 27th, 2004, 02:32
great release just tried it over the weekend! second level is too hard for me :-/ 5 words in 30sec..... what r u? cazy!

curt_grymala
September 27th, 2004, 03:30
great release just tried it over the weekend! second level is too hard for me :-/ 5 words in 30sec..... what r u? cazy!

I'm glad it wasn't just me that had that problem. I have only passed the second level twice.

Eric
September 27th, 2004, 07:47
LOL i was going to say something about that aswell i thought easy but didnt notice how much time you had and i lost lol

BudFern
September 27th, 2004, 20:19
I burnt this game last night and enjoyed it very much. Way to go! The game play is fun, it just needs more levels and such. I will anxiously await your next release. :)

curt_grymala
October 7th, 2004, 19:04
Has anyone else had this problem - I just noticed:

If I try to boot up Joggle with two controllers plugged into my DC, it either doesn't load, or it takes forever (I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and nothing happened). It works perfectly when I only have one controller plugged in, but doesn't seem to want to work with two controllers plugged in.

warmtoe
October 9th, 2004, 00:23
This is news to me... it's a bit of a shame if that's the case since its meant to accomodate up to 4 players!!!!!

Is this using the SBI version that was produced? If I download with the coders cable I have no such problems and 2 player games work fine - similarly, if I use Chankast with 2 controllers emulated and use the -file option it works fine.

Ugh! Not sure what this could be!

DCDayDreamer
October 9th, 2004, 05:38
This sounds like an odd problem! - I haven't tried the game so this is just a guess:

Is it anything to do with the VMU?, Curt said it worked fine with one controller and not two, do you need a VMU in both controllers? or only one?, do you need a VMU at all?.
Do you need to use official VMU's and not third party one's?

What I'd do is boot the game with two controllers trying various methods and see what happens.

curt_grymala
October 9th, 2004, 06:51
This is using the SBI version. That's why I was trying to check things out to see if something got screwed up when I SBI'd it. I'll try a few different methods of running it (with no VMU's, etc.), and I'll try a few different ways of booting it (go back to using the plain files, use SBI2Boot with the SBI I made, etc.) and see if I can report back.

warmtoe
October 9th, 2004, 06:58
I appreciate it - There are only so many things I can test with.

It doesn't use VMUs yet - so it may simply be that no VMUs makes the difference, I'd try that first.

Any feedback you could give would be great

Darksaviour69
October 11th, 2004, 08:52
i used the sbi version and once or twice it simply did not load (only one controler in) this is running it 12-15 times.

curt_grymala
October 11th, 2004, 11:08
I took out all of my VMU's and booted it up with two controllers plugged in, and it worked just fine. I will try a few more things later.

warmtoe
October 11th, 2004, 14:34
Ah - so it looks like VMUs are the problem?

Wierd - but possibly something to do with the level of KOS I'm using...

I'll work on this when I get the chance

curt_grymala
October 11th, 2004, 17:00
BTW - All three of my VMU's are official Sega VMU's. The batteries are dead in all of them, but that has never seemed to make a difference in anything.