PDA

View Full Version : Jet Grind Radio Wii: Yes or No?

Blue Protoman
February 1st, 2009, 00:55
Remember that Dreamcast game 9 years ago where you ran around, did tricks, and graffitied stuff? (It's more fun than it sounds.)

If you're in America, you'll know it as Jet Grind Radio. If not, Jet Set Radio. There was going to be a sequel on the Wii, but the idea "didn't take". Jet Grind Radio Wii never got past the concept art stage.

So, do you want a Jet Grind Radio Wii? Or not?

Eviltaco64
February 1st, 2009, 01:01
The original was great on Dreamcast, as was Jet Set Radio Future on the original Xbox. Both were so underrated and overlooked. :(

I'm definitely for a sequel (JSR Next or whatever) on any console. :)

Blue Protoman
February 1st, 2009, 01:03
There is a GBA emulator for the Dreamcast. When I download it, Jet Grind Radio for the Game Boy Advance is one of the games I'm going to put on the disc.

Eviltaco64
February 1st, 2009, 01:35
In my opinion, it's pointless to play a severely downscaled version of a game when the good version is already available on the same system for $8. :p

Blue Protoman
February 1st, 2009, 01:38
Except I already have Jet Grind Radio. When I got my DC for Christmas, that was one of the games that came with it.

Eviltaco64
February 1st, 2009, 01:43
Ah, ok. If you want to play it on a GBA emulator, that's fine, but it's pretty much a stripped down isometric 2.5D version of Jet Set Radio (kinda like Tony Hawk 2 on GBA).

Also, I'm not entirely sure if gpspDC would run it fullspeed yet, but feel free to make a compatibility list for us! :P

Blue Protoman
February 1st, 2009, 01:46
The one game I want gpspDC to run is the English translation of MOTHER 3. I don't care if every other game is broken.

Also, assuming it's anything like the GP2X version, the emulator should be good enough to be playable. I've played all 3 F-Zero GBA games on the GP2X with no problem.

And, finally, if I'm getting Jet Grind Radio Advance for free, it doesn't matter how bad or stripped down it is because I'm not paying a dime for it.

Eviltaco64
February 1st, 2009, 02:33
Well, like I said, test it out for us. My Dreamcast won't read games anymore, so I can't. :(

Blue Protoman
February 1st, 2009, 02:43
I'll probably start assembling my army of evil ninja monkeys a bunch of GBA ROMs next weekend. Any good games I should get, or bad games I shouldn't get but probably will anyway just to see why you hate them?

When I play the games, I will make a compatibility list of what I have.