PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark Screen Tearing

darkmod73
February 3rd, 2006, 18:09
Just bought this game today and first thing i noticed was the horrible screen tearing.So i got straight on the web and did a bit of digging and apparently its a vsync issue.The thing what gets me though is that if you switch the 360 into pal50 mode the screen tearing totally disappears but the image is squashed and funny looking and has borders at the top and bottom.Why is that?Anybody know?I can remember Ninja Gaiden on xbox doing the same thing but was fine when switched into pal50 mode.ie no borders and not squashed.So I have two options basically-to play in pal60 mode and suffer screen tearing or switch to pal50 mode and suffer a totally squashed image with borders.Argghhhh.Is there anything i can do to play in pal60 mode and not suffer screen tearing?Probably not but i thought i'd ask anyway.Ta.

Mental2k
August 8th, 2006, 22:38
buying an HDTV might work, but of an expensive option, of buying the VGA lead and playing through you monitor, in HD mode, less expensive, but then again, smaller screen area(possibly) Other than that wait and see if MS release a patch on Live.

MasterChafed
August 9th, 2006, 11:17
I found a great 19 inch widescreen vga monitor with 5ms response time for 189 dollars u.s. gonna get it for my 360.

Mental2k
August 9th, 2006, 22:36
widesscreen monitor, i have a couple of 17" 4:3 monitors about, but my tv is 21" and it can be a strain to see when playing pgr sometimes, let me know hif it improves much when you do vga.

MasterChafed
August 10th, 2006, 03:08
Well, i use it with my 4:3 17 inch flat panel and it resizes the screen to wide (i.e. as in dvds when u play in letterbox). And I must say it looks great, I usuallly sit at my desk when i play with my monitor so its not so much a strain. But much better looking then a standard def tv.