PDA

View Full Version : Recommond some PSP games

aznxnycxboi
February 3rd, 2009, 00:32
I have a PSP with 2 GB, 4GB, and 8GB, but the problem is I don't have any games! It is not that I don't download any, it is the fact nothing is worth my time. The biggest hit is Socom, I guess, but it sucks because of the hot wifi heating up issue. And plus you can't really play a shooting game on a psp seriously.

The only game that seriously provided non-stop fun to me, is Gundam (just the battle ones, not story mode or what not)

Below is a list of games I played/finished(somewhat):
All the Bleach (not entertaining though)
God of War (Good Graphics, Lag - Too lazy to beat the whole game)
Wipeout (I love it)
Innocent Life Harvest Moon (Love it!)
Metal Gear (Too much shit to do...)
Dungeon Siege (Beat it love it, but wouldn't play it over again)
Jeanne D'arc (Went up to chapter 8 and stop...)
Naruto (Fun, but can't read story mode, too repetitive)
Riveria (Like the graphics, didn't finish Area 6-1)
Dungeon Maker (It was an unique game for sure, but gave up cause of the time spent)
Dragonball Z (Love it, but not as addicting as Gundam)
Crisis Core FF (Like it, but didn't finish)

After writing all this up, I might finish Jeanne D'arc, but not really... I don't really know what kind of games I like, can someone help me out or point me to some games you will think I will enjoy?

Also the thing is, the games are free, so I don't feel motivated to play it also haha.

Nokiaman
February 7th, 2009, 17:24
Grand Theft Auto Series

Tesseract
February 9th, 2009, 03:52
Finish Crisis Core. It's worth it. ^^d

After that, there are a few PSP champions that I didn't see in your list. Lumines, Patapon and LocoRoco are DEFINITELY good ones to play. Don't let the cutesy graphics of LocoRoco dissuade you, it's a blast to play and you've got just enough time to grab it and play before LocoRoco2 releases.

I'm also a fan of the PSN releases. I've purchased Echochrome, Beats, flOw and Everyday Shooter and regret none of those purchases.

I also find myself spending a lot of time with Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2. >.>

Qmark
February 9th, 2009, 10:11
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded

39 great old arcade games between the two of them.

-.GTR95.-
February 10th, 2009, 05:49
well here are some ideas i have.
Grand theft auto trilogy
Star wars renegade squad
Star wars force unleashed
CSPSP 1.6[GREAT]
Socom FTB1
Socom FTB2

kyyubidx
February 10th, 2009, 21:50
Star Ocean: First Departure/Second Evolution
FFT: War of the Lions
LocoRoco/LocoRoco 2
Patapon/Patapon 2
Killzone: Liberation
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Ac!d (fun if you're into the kind of game)
Lumines/Lumines II

...many more...just look it up

You haven't beaten Crisis Core? O_O I mean the game lasts until you can beat Minerva! (which I still haven't done) and the game rules just by the fact that the materia fusion is one of the best things I've ever seen in a game (on par with Persona's Persona Fusion)

If use PoPS your PSP has infinite gameplay in it :P

mike_jmg
February 16th, 2009, 05:17
Too lazy too beat God of War, geezzz, the game was so short I had to do a second run on God Mode, plus all the challenges

As Tesseract said, Finish Crisis Core, is worth it, I left it when I was like halfway through the game, I finished it later and I saw it was really worth it.

As for games you haven't played:
- Tekken Dark Resurrection (incredibly fun, I thought it was going to be boring)
- Silent Hill Origins (play it with headphones.... if you dare)
- Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness (way better than Jeanne and FFT)
- Dissidia FF (kind of Gundam VS Gundam with FF characters)
- Power Stone Collection (personal favorite, 3d fighting)
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 the Phantom Fortress (a little repetitive but good)
- Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
- Burnout Legends, also Burnout Dominator
- Ridge Racer 1&2
- Brave Story New Traveler (only good and true RPG for PSP)
- Super Stardust Portable
- Secret Agent Clank (fun game)
- Coded Arms and Coded Arms Contagion (proof that shooting games are good on psp)
- Medal of Honor Heroes 1 and 2 (same as above)
- Crash of the Titans (kind of OK)

I think that's it, hope you have fun

tiohwji
February 25th, 2009, 06:15
i think RPG games are the best so try Monster hunter 2. If you're into racing, so far, Midnight Club LA is the best racing game i've ever played.
if you want some action, try Fight Night Round 3 ... :thumbup:

staticshade
February 26th, 2009, 02:34
well if u try purchasing your games you might feel more motivated to play them

Tesseract
February 27th, 2009, 01:18
Demos are your friend, too! I've gotten lots of play out of the Phantasy Star Portable demo, and EVERYONE should play the Patapon demo if they're at all considering the purchase, since the end of the demo gives you a gamesave with a unique weapon. ^^d The Resistance: Retribution Demo was recently released as well.

Today's update also brought 'No Gravity: the Plague of Mind' to the PSN. I want to call everyone who's even REMOTELY interested to buy this game and send the message to SONY that homebrew is not only worthwhile, but it can be PROFITABLE for them as well. Got $10 to spare? Liked games like Colony Wars and TIE Fighter? Grab it. NAO.

staticshade
March 1st, 2009, 14:32
@tesseract what did you make of the no gravity game ???

yeah and demos for the win there aren't enough demos being released if they released demos for any game the pirates who say the download the game to check it out won't have an excuse lol!!

psphome
March 2nd, 2009, 19:32
lord of the rings tactics is the best PSP game ive played

ali003
March 8th, 2009, 19:25
From my point of view, the better game in PSP is GTA VCS, God of War and Crisis Core too. ;)

Felipe87
April 27th, 2009, 06:45
Spider-Man 3
Gran Turismo 4 Mobile
Football Manager Handheld 2008