PDA

View Full Version : Watercool Overclocked Dreamcast

Radtacular
February 3rd, 2009, 01:43
Hi all, I've been redirected here from google searches thousands of times over the years so tonight I finally dcided to join up with you guys :) Needless to say, I'm new here, so I hope this is in the right forum.

Anyways, I've been looking into watercooling and saw how many people do it to the 360 and though of how badass it would be to have water cables coming out of a dreamcast XD

since theres no point to watercooling it, I thought I'd make one too, by overclocking it with a switch for back to regular speeds. The overclock mod looks relatively easy to do and the watercooling would just be the coup de grace and make it cool as hell.

I'm pretty skilled with a dremel and have overclocked my ds before so I figure with those two skills and a reasearchable knowledge of how to install a generic cooling system, I could just use one intended for a PC and use it on the DC.

Is this possible? To use one intended for a PC on the DC? If possible, is there any recommended kit? Also, has anyone done this before? Please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated XD

Thanks in advance
-Radtacular

kohan69
February 8th, 2009, 11:23
everything you ever need to know about cooling:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Do you have an oscilloscope? I highly recommend one for OCing your dreamcast. I'd also get af ew dreamcasts to get one that clocks best.

There are no mounting holes on the dc motherboard, so you'll need thermal proxy.

But there's no need to WC it at all.

NickDX
April 21st, 2009, 13:32
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Not many people water coll DCs!!!