PDA

View Full Version : Desperate and Penniless- Help :(

Shadow2by4
February 4th, 2009, 00:36
I just got a new psp for my birthday(R.I.P. 5.00 m33-3 fat with soldered-on ps1 joystick and flashbackup) and I am totally broke. It runs 3.50 ofw. I would use the ofw pandora method, but my only ms is a 4gb sandisk. Any free, lumines-less way to upgrade to a cfw or downgrade to 1.5? At this point, I'm even willing to use psar dumper on a cfw and flash it manually, if something for ofw exists that would let me browse the flash from usb like m33 fw would. Help?:confused::(

mike_jmg
February 5th, 2009, 05:59
If you still have the older ones's battery

you could hard mod it, being really careful I might add

and use the 4GB memory stick to create a magic memory stick with a GUI, (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ffxziv4zq1) It works with 4GB. I know this because I did it when I bricked my phat and I didn't had other memory stick than my 4GB

So, as long as you have your old battery you'll be fine, and without needing to spend a dime

Qmark
February 5th, 2009, 07:03
Is the RIP one dead dead?

PlagueMusic
February 5th, 2009, 08:26
could you use the microsd type expansions as the memory sticks like the ones photofast sells?

Shadow2by4
February 5th, 2009, 14:05
If you still have the older ones's battery

you could hard mod it, being really careful I might add

and use the 4GB memory stick to create a magic memory stick with a GUI, (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ffxziv4zq1) It works with 4GB. I know this because I did it when I bricked my phat and I didn't had other memory stick than my 4GB

So, as long as you have your old battery you'll be fine, and without needing to spend a dime

That's perfect! Thanks! :thumbup: Now I have some garbage digging to do... Thank God I'm too lazy to take it out to the road, huh?:D

As for the RIP psp, yes. It is dead. Very dead. :( The metal frame around the screen was bent in a foolhardy attempt to make room for a second try at the ps1 stick, so I had to remove the screen to protect it and noticed it had been hanging on by a thread, along with quite a few circuits in there that were ready to give up the ghost, so I retired what was left of the half-dead psp peacefully. Its last owner abused the hell out of it, but it served me well for almost two years, so I showed it one last gesture of love and mercy.