PDA

View Full Version : phillips CDI emulator for ds?

DARKSHADEDX
February 5th, 2009, 01:22
right, first of all i'd like to say just because im new to THIS SITE doesnt mean i dont know anything!
(apart from programming lol)

could someone please, please, please! make a phillips CDI emulator for DS?

even if you just port one for PC to DS would make me happy..

i have a copy of WCDIEMU (full version) for pc i can give to you.

(maybe someone could port that to ds?, although you'd have to give the creator of it credit aswell.)

i really want to start playing the rubbish zelda's (im a collector so the fact theyre rubbish doesnt bother me) and hotel mario again...

bit the problem is that my laptop is not portable and of course my ds is, so anybody who would be willing to make a CDI emulator for DS I would be extremely grateful.

thx for reading

DARKSHADEDX (the DX stands for duluxe)

DanTheManMS
February 5th, 2009, 15:51
bit the problem is that my laptop is not portable

...what?

That aside, I highly doubt anyone's going to make a CD-i emulator anytime soon. Aside from there being no market for it, it's my understanding that it takes a good amount of CPU power for the PC emulators to work, which is something the DS is a bit short on (66 MHz and 4 MB of RAM isn't much to work with).

DARKSHADEDX
February 5th, 2009, 19:18
...what?

That aside, I highly doubt anyone's going to make a CD-i emulator anytime soon. Aside from there being no market for it, it's my understanding that it takes a good amount of CPU power for the PC emulators to work, which is something the DS is a bit short on (66 MHz and 4 MB of RAM isn't much to work with).

(my laptop's battery is dead, and when i say dead, I mean it doesnt work....)

anyway forget the whole "portable" thing

how about a CDI emulator for wii? surely thats possible?

(cmon, there the best consoles i own please say the wii can!!!)

DanTheManMS
February 7th, 2009, 21:03
The problem is that you need someone who's actually interested in making the emulator before one will get made.

I'm not going to say anything is impossible, but it's just unlikely, that's all.

gaia darkness
March 12th, 2009, 15:41
iam sure in time someone might your best bet would be posting the emulator on mediafire.com and post the link in a post on here

aledTH
March 25th, 2009, 17:49
Hehe, a laptop that is not portable... lol!