PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR problem. please help!!

mrbob3
February 4th, 2006, 19:26
I have just bought a psp from a shop. I want to use my psp for emulation. First of all i need to know what my firmware is. I can get into the system info screen but for some F****NG stupid reason, the bacground screen on my psp has a jap anime woman with lots of white on her and the on screen text is also white!! i cant see anything! HELP IM GOING TO CRY!!! can i change the background pic or the colour of the text? i only want to know my firmware number! please help!!

yaustar
February 4th, 2006, 20:21
Try to run a game that needs 2.00 to play (eg GTA) and see if it asks you to update.

t3hguitarman
February 6th, 2006, 07:44
Yeah you can change the background picture to the default theme which would be the color of the month (currently yellow I think).

I'm guessing you have 2.0-2.6 firmware because you have a wallpaper, but to get rid of the wallpaper do the following:
1. From the "Home" screen, go all the way left.
2. Then go all the way up so it'll be on "Network Update"
3. Then, go down 5 times to the "Theme Settings"
4. Press X and go down 1 to "Wallpaper"
5. Press X and choose "Do Not Use"

And there you go :D Hopefully this will help you.

mrbob3
February 8th, 2006, 20:39
thanks for the advice. Ive managed to change the date and the background pic has changed now to a nice blue background and i have 1.50 firmware which is nice as ive put a load of emulators on now!!. I still cant remove the themes though as there is no menu option. Is there any advantage of changing my firmware? or if i went higher would there be no advantage and loose my emulation capabilities. p.s. i got my psp for emu/homebrew and have no desire to buy any psp games!

t3hguitarman
February 9th, 2006, 03:05
KEEP YOUR 1.5!!!! Lol... sadly, my UMD drive broke so no PSP games for me, but luckily I have a 2.0 so I can still run decent amounts of homebrew thanks to Fanjita :D

Oh and sorry about my guide (was intended for 2.0)