PDA

View Full Version : Game Idea based on another classic 80's toy

DSmanic!
February 6th, 2009, 08:02
I have an idea for a game based on the Armatron, a classic toy from the 80's. As I have no programming skills I'm hoping a ds homebrew developer might be interested.

I still have my Armatron but I'm sadly missing the Nuclear Bomb game, which is why I would like to play it again, albeit on a different format. I think it would make the transition to DS very nicely, using touch screen controls with the stylus or alternating between the directional pad & controls, controlling the robotic arm would be a snap, so to speak.

Originally, there was only one game with the Armatron, but now the possibilities could be endless, like lifting hazadous goods and chemicals without spilling them to disarming dangerous bombs about to explode all under a time limit which would be fun and challenging. Upgrades and power ups would also increase the fun factor as each level you have the opportunity to upgrade your Armatron to compete in much harder tasks.

I even thought of a name for the game - DStronic.

Hopefully someone out there remembers the Armatron and maybe even still owns one. If your interested, PM me. For now I'll have to stick to playing Wall-e.

http://www.samstoybox.com/toys/Armatron.html