PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question Regarding PSP V2.01

BigChrisSpirito
February 5th, 2006, 01:30
Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I'm 28 from Englewood Beach Florida. I just got my PSP the other night and before I even thought about playing the 2 games I got with it I jumped online to learn all about hacking/mod/patching my PSP so I can play old and store old school NES games on it.

I downloaed NesterJ and was able to get the Nester J logo to show on my PSP but couldn't get the games to load so I did more research and saw my problem... anybody who has a PSP version higher than 2.0 won't be able to simply add files to the memory stick and play NES games. I looked around and saw these topics about GTA. This is what my take is on what I've been reading so please sombody tell me if I'm correct or incorrect.

Since I own a PSP v2.01 I need to go but Grand Theft Auto and play the game for a little while then stop and create a save file. Once I have that save file there are files I can download to my memory stick that will allow me to play NES games. Is that correct?

If somebody would kindly place a small Step by Step FAQ (links to what I need to download too) on how this process will work once I buy the game tomorrow I sure would appreciate it. What I can't wrap my head around is why can't I download a save file on GTA and do it that way... Is the reason being that you need to actually own and have the game in your PSP everytime you want to run a ROM? Also is NesterJ the program I will be able to use with this GTA crack? I know these may seem like really dumb noob questions but hey everybodies a noob at some point. I figured out how to put new music in PS2 game when I reburned them and have been a member at the N64 No Mercy Zone for a while now so I'm no stranger to this kinda stuff I'm just a lil lost with all the information for different PSP versions.

Thanks
Chris

gotmilk0112
February 5th, 2006, 02:50
no, currently you can not play NesterJ or any other NES Emulator on you 2.01 or higher PSP via the GTA hack. you can get the GTA hack (here) (http://files.fanjita.org/psp/loaderGTAbeta.rar) (note: you will need WinRAR to extract it) ok heres the instructions:

1. Download n extract the GTA hack
2. read the readme on how to set it up (they are included in the RAR file)
3. put the homebrew in the X\PSP\GAME folder
4. boot up GTA
5. load the E-loader
6. choose the EBOOT you want to play and press X!

to see a list of compatible EBOOT's see the list )HERE( (http://www.fanjita.org/content/gta_working.html)

BigChrisSpirito
February 5th, 2006, 13:46
Thank you for the response... are people currently working on getting a program like NesterJ to load on versions like mine or should I try and buy a older PSP version? All I really want to do with my PSP at the moment is play old school NES games...which from what I understood in your post isn't possible.. am I correct?

Thanks for the help
Chris

BigChrisSpirito
February 7th, 2006, 01:32
Are people currently working on getting Nes roms to run on V2.01 and higher?

Chris

yaustar
February 7th, 2006, 02:49
Some *might* redo the NesterJ emulator so it does work or Fanjita may improve the eBoot loader so it can play NesterJ in its current state.

Its up to you if you want to wait or get a PSP with an older firmware version.

gotmilk0112
February 23rd, 2006, 04:19
NesterJ now works with E-Loader! (the new "brown ale" version)
WHOOPPIE!

tay1803
May 6th, 2006, 06:39
no, currently you can not play NesterJ or any other NES Emulator on you 2.01 or higher PSP via the GTA hack. you can get the GTA hack (here) (http://files.fanjita.org/psp/loaderGTAbeta.rar) (note: you will need WinRAR to extract it) ok heres the instructions:

1. Download n extract the GTA hack
2. read the readme on how to set it up (they are included in the RAR file)
3. put the homebrew in the X\PSP\GAME folder
4. boot up GTA
5. load the E-loader
6. choose the EBOOT you want to play and press X!

to see a list of compatible EBOOT's see the list )HERE( (http://www.fanjita.org/content/gta_working.html)
Yeah...I tried all that but I still have a problem... my psp turns off 15 seconds after I load the eloader! Someone please help!

ps. I don't know where to put the games either i put them in psp/game but i don't see them in the eloader.

Zion
May 6th, 2006, 15:24
The older nesterJ works with the eloader