PDA

View Full Version : iR Commander v0.7

wraggster
February 5th, 2006, 01:21
ahmanhk (http://www.ahman.co.nr/) has updated his Infra Red Remote Control app for the PSP with support for a staggering 2200 devices.

Download via the comments and let us know if the PSP is controlling any of your stuff at home :)

Anger
February 5th, 2006, 03:09
i unfortunatly found this software to be bugged.
i presume the author is aware of the bugs but theres two critical ones that prevents you from using any of the supplied codes, and also stops you from re-entering the programs own directory.
ill elaborate: in the program you cannot see any directories when you start the program - even when you click square to get to directory view. this effectivly means all the codes in the sub folders cannot be accessed. then if you happen to leave the programs own directory by clicking the .. then you cannot then get back into the programs own directory (it is not listed).
these 2 bugs cripple what could be a really great and usefull program (it is better atm than the alternative) however as it stands i cannot recommend it.
i know the author will fix the bugs but i feel i have to point them out.
fingers crossed for a fixed version soon :).

fungus
February 5th, 2006, 06:06
I am attempting to use it with my motorola dct-2224 cable box, but I aint got no action. I dont get it, I tried with the WLAN switch on, off, putting the infra red majigger on my psp right up to the sensor and hitting x to try to turn it off, but again, I dont have anything. It would be an extremely usefull peice of software if it actually worked for me, I am however sure there are many people that do find it very, very usefull.

Anger
February 5th, 2006, 06:19
hitting x loads the file - after that the keys are reasigned (i think if you open the file your trying to load - say in wordpad - itll tell you what key is assigned to what function. so theres only 2 other reasons it wouldnt work - first you might have selected the wrong file - second you might have a duff infrared emitter. also the wlan switch does not affect the ir at all. i have not tried it to see if it actually works but this advice is from past experience of this type of program.
gl.

stook02740
July 4th, 2006, 22:24
With kernel mode accessed now this should be working for us 2.5 users soon I hope.