PDA

View Full Version : Help : Repairing corrupted GC Memory card ???

YMI
February 7th, 2009, 01:15
thanks to my brand new wii, my 5+ years of gaming on gamecube is lost. My wii corrupted my memory card.

Since those memory card seem to simply be flash memory, there should be a way to retreive the lost data.

I looked on internet, but on every forum where other peoples had the same problem as me, the answer is "format your memory card" ... and then lose all your games saves.

I cant resolve to that. there must be a way to fix it.

So ...

Do you know a way to connect your memory card like any other USB flash device?
Or
is there any homebrew program that can fix the corrupted memory card directly from a gamecube, or even a wii.
Or
any other solution.

Thanks

VampDude
February 7th, 2009, 01:24
Connect your memory card to a Wii, and use the GameCube Extractor tool via the Homebrew Channel.

YMI
February 7th, 2009, 11:28
thanks for this fast reply, this seems like a good start.

I dont have a modified Wii. But I have friends who have one.

I think I found the program on the Wii forum. and there seem to be a way to make it work on an unmodified Wii.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115506

Is the GameCube Extractor tool included in this Homebrew channel?
If not, where can I find it? And then, is it easy to fix my corrupted save data?

Thanks

VampDude
February 13th, 2009, 08:31
The GameCube save extractor is something you place on the SD card, and then it works on the Homebrew Channel.

I'm thinking that if you backup your save data, you can then format the card via the Wii data storage settings and then with the tool that inserts the save data back to the GameCube memory card re-insert the data and it should be ok.

YMI
February 16th, 2009, 21:13
Thank a lot for your help.

But I cant find the program
all I find on google is either "Wii save extractor" (to copy wii saves to SD card)
and "GameCube saver" (to copy from a SD card save file found on internet)

Do you have a URL where I could find this program?
or an irc channel?
or anythig else?