PDA

View Full Version : Requesting donations for buying a BBA for BlackAura

Christuserloeser
February 5th, 2006, 16:09
The networking code that Quake 1 and 2 uses actually wouldn't need much modification to get it working on the Dreamcast (and I might have tried if I had a BBA, which I don't). The KOS networking API is pretty standard, so the only bits that really need changing are the initialisation bits (because you need to initialise the network hardware, rather than just assuming the operating system has done it all for you).

I read this at DCEmulation.com's QuakeDev forum (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=64548) and thought it would be cool to start asking the community for donations with the goal to buy a BBA for BlackAura.

In my opinion BlackAura would deserve it. I don't know where this scene would be without his valuable support, hints and advice he gave and gives other coders seeking for help.

So, if you got the time, money or the connections, please support this idea.

Of course if it would be successful and BlackAura gets a BBA there can be no promises made. It likely could be projects like GenesisPlusDC, nxDoom or nxMakaqu (Quake) that he continues to work on with it, but everyone that donates money should be aware that there are no obligations that come with one's donation. The only purpose of my request and your donation would be to support BlackAura and to thank him for the work he has done in the past and that he probably will do in the future.

If you are willing to contribute, please PM BlackAura (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8674) for details on your donation.

Thanks in advance.

Darksaviour69
February 6th, 2006, 13:04
i will give him a few dollars

fackue
February 8th, 2006, 06:00
I can get a BBA from Nick for $100 + shipping (~$6). With all the combined donations, we're aiming for about $46.64 more.

fackue
February 9th, 2006, 03:18
$36.64 more.

fackue
February 9th, 2006, 08:17
We have enough!

quzar
February 9th, 2006, 12:52
amazing how fast the money was raised.

Darksaviour69
February 9th, 2006, 14:53
sweet

obelisk
February 9th, 2006, 19:32
does quzar need 1? anyone else need 1.... i got 5 bux ... i got 5 on it.? /? beuller?? beuller.....

quzar
February 10th, 2006, 09:33
i used my christmas present last year to get myself one.