PDA

View Full Version : Help, PSP dead?...*cries*

Freakshow!
February 5th, 2006, 15:47
Hi,

My PSP it won't switch on. My Battery is low on power and even though its plugged in to charge the orange light isn't on and it won't switch on. At the moment I am charging my brothers PSP to try his battery, but I have already tried switching them and nothing. Has the power switch died or something? Is the best course of action contacting Sony for a replacement or is there something I can do to try and give it life?

At the moment I have (had?) firmware 1.5 and don't really want to get one off Sony as it will come with firmware 2.6. Any ideas?

EDIT: Having tried my brothers battery the PSP will switch on, sometimes it will start the wavy lines thing then switch off, other times it will switch on and act normally for about a minute then switch off. It will not recognise the power adapter at all, so I can't update firmware or use WAB changer or play a game or anything really.

.:PSP1.0:.
February 6th, 2006, 07:03
Dude if i were you i'd get in contact with sony and see what they can do for you.. fixing it, replacement etc.. cos that don't sound right..