PDA

View Full Version : Universal Unbricker Easy Installer

plow king321
February 10th, 2009, 16:23
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This easy installer will create a magic memory stick with dark_alex universal unbricker software for PSP fat and PSP slim

You DONT need a homebrew psp to create the magic memory stick

This version of the unbricker has a menu that can be seen on the PSP slims screen and installs 3.71 M33-2 with the press of a single button.

2 Homebrew applications are included on the memory stick,

Pandora Battery Creator for turning a fat battery into a Pandora and back again (ONLY FOR FAT BATTERYS)

dark_alex 1.50 kernel version 2 installer for FAT PSP ONLY!

Installation Intructions
Format your memory stick via the PSP XMB
Connect PSP to PC via USB
Delete ALL files from the memory stick
Run the installer
Follow the installers instructions
Finished!

You now have a magic memory stick

If you have access to a homebrew enabled fat psp, you can run the battery creator program to make a pandora battery

Any problems? please post here, and please let us know if this worked for you. We would love to hear your experiences to help other users who may have doubts.

How to use the magic memory stick and battery to install the custom firmware to your psp slim.....
Turn off psp power
Insert magic memory stick
Insert pandora battery
Press "x" when the options appear
Follow instructions and it will tell you to press x when its finished
Turn on psp and press R to activate recovery mode
Goto advanced
Select format flash1 and restore settings
Restart psp and you have successfuly installed your 3.71-m33"2 firmware

After installing the custom firmware to your psp slim, many users are reporting that the psp fails to boot.
To fix this you need to do the following...
Boot PSP into recovery mode by pressing the R button at startup
Going to Advanced in recovery mode
Formatting flash1 and restoring settings
Your PSP will now boot

Many users are having confusion on the creation of the pandora battery by using the above thread to hard mod a battery

If you dont know how to solder or are uncomfortable taking apart electronics then dont do it, find a friend who can

Coldpt
February 10th, 2009, 18:44
In my case, i have a bricked psp (only), i still need a working psp to make the "magic memory stick", right? Or is there a way to make it without a psp (pc)?

plow king321
February 12th, 2009, 10:54
In my case, i have a bricked psp (only), i still need a working psp to make the "magic memory stick", right? Or is there a way to make it without a psp (pc)?

yeah i think you can do it with a PC im not that sure

SifJar
February 14th, 2009, 17:50

from my reading, you'll need to do as above but use a memory stick reader instead of connecting your psp. you'll probaly need to format your memory stick with the computer, using mspformat or something like that.