PDA

View Full Version : Desperatly need MAME help.

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 00:38
I'm trying to run some MAME roms on my PSP: The Simpsons, The Punisher, and the two TMNT games. The only emulator I've seen that even has them listed is pspmame .097 (aside from The Punisher, it has the others listed) but when I try to run them, I get this: _sbrk_psp: overfllow!! (typed exactly as it appears on the PSP screen, save the space before overflow). Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using 1.5.

Skye
February 6th, 2006, 01:11
It lists quite a few games that are unsupported by the emu. Might be the problem, I personally don't have it so I can't test it. An overflow error seems like there isn't enough ram to load the rom, but I'm not sure. Do any of your roms work?

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 01:20
All of the Sega, SNES, and NES roms I have work fine, but the SNES roms run a little slow at times.

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 01:24
Also, my memory stick has 171m of free space out of 512.

yaustar
February 6th, 2006, 01:39
Roms as in mame roms rather then roms for other emulators.

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 02:35
No, none of my mame roms run. I get the same error. I just want to know if there's an emulator that supports these few games and will let me play them.

yaustar
February 6th, 2006, 03:06
The first 'Turtles' had a NES port and 'Turtles in Time' was ported for the SNES
Can't help you with the other two.
edit: here is the FAQ:
http://www.geocities.jp/pspmame/faq.html

The translated versions indicates that there isn't enough memory to play the rom.

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 03:09
Oh I know, I have them. The Punisher was ported on the Genesis. I just like the original arcade games.

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 03:36
Okay, how do I increase memory? The only change I made was using PSPersonalize to change my backgrounds. I just deleted everything from the memory stick other than the MAME stuff and I still get the same error. What should I do?

kyle2194
February 6th, 2006, 04:50
Ram are those little chps / cards connected to your motherboard. Deleting files from your memory stick does not spawn little chips.

creedsucks
February 6th, 2006, 04:58
Ram are those little chps / cards connected to your motherboard. Deleting files from your memory stick does not spawn little chips.

Awesome. Thanks to you, I can now load these roms.

plungmonies
February 7th, 2006, 13:53
the games you mentioned do not currently run on mame psp. If you search the forums you will find compatibility lists by myself and jdemon.

creedsucks
February 8th, 2006, 20:49
Not on mame psp, but they're on the list of PSPMAME, here: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspmame096.shtml

Skye
February 8th, 2006, 22:30
Like I said it lists roms it doesn't run. :/ Mainly because of memory issues. You can try you luck with MAME 0.71 for PSP but I doubt they will run. In the end I think you are pretty much screwed, sorry. =(

plungmonies
February 9th, 2006, 12:09
when I say mame psp I mean all the versions. Mame requires quite a bit of ram to run correctly after all just look at the xbox mame where up until a year ago virtual memory was not implemented and a lot of games would not run for the same reasons as the psp. Fortunately vm has since been implemented and now most games run with varying degrees of success. I wont be holding my breath for the psp version though.
ah well at least we have bombjack. hehe