PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Racing games

konner920
February 12th, 2009, 00:55
I have been looking for some racing games like

Test Drive 6. i played that and loved it.

Now im looking for games LIKE it

games that let me

Buy my car and color it. add my addons to it and change the way it works and stuff like that

Kinda like the way Need for speed underground was. and test drive 6. is there any other games like that on the Dreamcast?

Category
February 12th, 2009, 17:23
Well, there is Metropolis Street Racer, which lets you buy and colour different cars, and race them around cities - very good, like a mix of Gran Tourismo and Need For Speed...

But for actual customization (setting gear diffs, shock quality, etc.) Sega Rally 2 seems to have the most options - but the game experience is far too "Arcade" - you have limited time to get to the next checkpoint - crap like that.

Darksaviour69
February 12th, 2009, 19:27
there is Sega GT too

beetroot bertie
February 13th, 2009, 17:42
There was a Test Drive game for DC (Test Drive Le mans 24Hr) which was very good from what I remember but I can't recall what options, if any, were there to tweak or play with the car settings.

F355 Challenge had a few settings for colour, ride height, suspension, tyre camber etc. but no variety of cars.

Can't think of any more other than MSR.

maxim2boobles
August 20th, 2009, 08:11
tokyo xtreme racer 2 is awesome. you can customize cars

kojiro7
August 20th, 2009, 08:19
play daytona usa 2001 and forget the customisation shit

maxim2boobles
August 25th, 2009, 04:27
daytona = circle jerk. Play a mans game an xtreme racer

hansblitzenburg
November 24th, 2009, 07:36
Tokyo Xtreme Racer/Highway Battle series is definitely worth investing your time in.