PDA

View Full Version : PSP downgrading

KillerKip1
February 12th, 2009, 02:51
I wanted to downgrade my PSP to version 1.05, so I can play homebrew games, I know you need to get a pandora battery, blah blah blah......

I wanted to know if there is any other way to downgrade my PSP, without modifying it, maybe resetting the entire PSP? is this an option even?

I do want to know if I can emulate homebrew games to run on v4.05, because the 30minute ride to school on the bus is boring, and there is nothing to do but listen to whiney little kids (sucks to be me, yes), anyone help me?

Summerized: I want to play Homebrew games on my PSP, I have v4.05, and do not want to do the pandora memory thing, is there another way to do this, even excluding the .tiff image hack?

I have even heard dipping your PSP in water resets it, but do not want to try this........I wont.....

(If I buy a new psp, will it have version 1.05?)

SifJar
February 14th, 2009, 20:08
first of all, you're talking about version 1.50, not 1.05. And no, a new PSP wont have 1.50 and you'll need a pandora battery for any PSP with over 3.50, at least until the GripShift hack is released with Kernel Mode. Anyway, you shouldn't downgrade to 1.50, you should go for custom firmware. Hope that helps.

KillerKip1
February 14th, 2009, 23:11
first of all, you're talking about version 1.50, not 1.05. And no, a new PSP wont have 1.50 and you'll need a pandora battery for any PSP with over 3.50, at least until the GripShift hack is released with Kernel Mode. Anyway, you shouldn't downgrade to 1.50, you should go for custom firmware. Hope that helps.

Can you link me to a firmware download that is most compatible with homebrew games, and works on my PSP version, and I also want to know how to install it, specifically, IDK where to put it, on the PSP memory card.

I have, and cannot get a larger, memory card of 32mb.

SifJar
February 15th, 2009, 13:27
OK. You need a pandora battery and a magic memory stick, but you cannot convert a 32mb stick to a magic meory stick, so you're out of luck if you can't get a bigger one. Also, unless you know someone with a homebrew capable PSP, you'll need to either buy a Pandora battery or hardmod one, which then can't be used again as a regular battery, so either way, you'll have to buy a battery. If you're willing to buy a battery and a new memory stick then i'll tell you what to do. The memory stick should be more than 256 mb i think.