PDA

View Full Version : PC to PSP Ports ... Where can I find them?

Haisook
February 12th, 2009, 20:58
I'm looking for those nifty little games that was ported from PC (or otherwise) to the PSP. I've played Cave Story on the PSP (http://cavestorypsp.googlepages.com/) and what a great port it was! Having tried a lot of original PSP homebrew, I've concluded that most of them are not that good. And the majority is betas/concepts/demos,...etc. It has become a waste of time to try them and then just delete them, although I appreciate the efforts of the developers.

So what I'm looking for is those PC ports. Of course not all PC ports are necessarily great, but my guess is that any PC game would be more complete and tested than the average homebrew game.

So can you please tell me about the ports you've played on the PSP? A link to their webpages would be much appreciated too.
I've searched in Google and in numerous PSP sites but the search results were mostly irrelevant.

Thanks a lot.

wraggster
February 12th, 2009, 21:04
check out our own PSP News SIte - http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk

on there look for the PSP Homebrew Games page, 100s of games and many ports from PC

Haisook
February 12th, 2009, 21:13
Thanks for your reply, wraggster.

The problem is that it's really difficult to hunt down PC ports from 100s of games, especially that there are no tags for them and the search results yields irrelevant items.

So, I was hoping for users' recommendations.

wraggster
February 12th, 2009, 21:15
what type of games you after, the usual pc ports are doom, quake, hexen etc

Haisook
February 12th, 2009, 22:35
I welcome any type of games.
You can tell me about all the ports you know.

ojdon
February 13th, 2009, 10:43
I welcome any type of games.
You can tell me about all the ports you know.

Well I know there is:
Doom
Quake
Hexen
Duke Nukem 3D (I think)
Cave Story
Jazz Jackrabbit

I've recently been looking through the games, it doesn't actually take too long to have a look through. ;) there is supposed to be a proof of concept port of a fangame Sonic Robo Blast 2 for the PSP and Gp32x, haven't got a clue where to find it though.

Haisook
February 13th, 2009, 13:21
Well I know there is:
Doom
Quake
Hexen
Duke Nukem 3D (I think)
Cave Story
Jazz Jackrabbit

I've recently been looking through the games, it doesn't actually take too long to have a look through. ;) there is supposed to be a proof of concept port of a fangame Sonic Robo Blast 2 for the PSP and Gp32x, haven't got a clue where to find it though.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will check out those games although I got Doom and Wolfenstein 3D (I used to play them long ago). And it really takes time to browse through all those 100s of games, unless you really have enough time. I came to ask here as a last resort as I couldn't find enough relevant PC ports after many searches.

Anyway thanks again, and I hope people would tell us about the ports they play.

Jinx1337
February 13th, 2009, 16:21
One word: ULTIMA7.

Ultima 7: The Black Gate and Serpent Isle ported straight to PSP.

Never played it? It's one of the best RPGs ever created by man (all the 90's (and even modern - to some extent) RPGs are still copying from U7. Do yourself a favor and play it now.

One drawback - out of memory crashes after long sessions (unless you own a SLIM PSP).

www.thefoodsucks.com for the port, google abandonia for the game itself.

You have to use the older version for PSP PHAT which doesn't support Serpent Isle.

edit:

Oh, and let's do not forget Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2 port).

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20763

Amazing port, amazing game. Be sure to check the last post in the thread where I posted eboot with an icon.

There's also SCUMMVM port for your adventure gaming goodness.

Check Scummvm.org PSP forums for the newest subversion build which supports Discworld 1!

There's also Nethack and ToME if you like roguelikes.

And Marathon port, Bermuda Syndrome port and Flashback port... Hmm.. Did I list all of them?

Enjoy :)

PS.

Seriously, play Ultima 7 by all means! Grab it form abandonia, along with the manual which you SHOULD READ FIRST as it contains important and vital backstory.

Haisook
February 14th, 2009, 01:21
Thanks Jinx.. will definitely check those out!

Btw, I've found a developer's page with lots of ports. It's MK2k's webpage.

http://mk2k.net/serendipity/

Zack
February 14th, 2009, 03:33
I'm not sure which wolfenstein port you got but I recommend you use the one I made. Link in my sig ;)