PDA

View Full Version : Imagine that someone had taken a game out while the DS was on...

dkintheuk
February 14th, 2009, 14:44
Ok,

Has anyone else ever had a family member dumb enough to remove a game from their DS while the DS was still on?

Did your machine refuse to startup afterwards?

Is there a method of easy recovery or has it been fubar'ed?

I've removed the battery and left it to 'rest' overnight, replaced the battery and charged up. (It appeared to be charging fine).

Nothing happens when you flick the power switch.

All advice gratefully received (even if it is "You've knackered it!").

gezegond
February 14th, 2009, 17:56
I accidentally did that to my ds.
nothin went wrong, I just restarted it and everything was alright.
maybe something else is wrong with your ds.
try contacting Nintendo though.

SifJar
February 14th, 2009, 17:56
does the light come on at all when you flick the switch? even for a second? had u flashed the ds? i think my ds sometimes stops recognising my games without me actually removing them, because it freezes and i turn it off and on again and it says there's no game in, when there is, but my DS still works fine. Also, i've seen various videos on youtube where people remove the cart (To access the Debug menu, which can only be acessed if the DS freezes.)

dkintheuk
February 14th, 2009, 18:52
Well there is apparently more to the story - the DS is virgin - no flash of anything etc. plus the DS had some water split on it... which propagated the mistake of then taking the game out while it was on...

I think i'm going to try a few more dismantling things and then leave it to properly dry out (if it is indeed damp inside).

Thanks for the input guys.

Rob.

SifJar
February 15th, 2009, 14:04
i think its probably the water rather than the removal of the card, because generally removing the card is fine, just causes the game to freeze. By the way, when you flick the switch, does the light flick on for a second and then go off? if so, i think its a problem with the fuse, and replacing it may fix it. You should probaly send it off to Nintendo though, rather than dismantle it.