PDA

View Full Version : GBA emulator for PSP (needs to work well with golden sun 2)

astrof
February 14th, 2009, 22:11
I'm trying to find a good GBA emulator for psp. I'm (re)playing the Golden Sun games, but on each game I'm having trouble. The first game freezes almost everytime you try to get a mercury djinni. The second game seems to have slow sound. I'm currently using (some version of) gPSP but I was wondering if there is any better emulator to use with the game. Thanks!

Harakiristk
February 15th, 2009, 05:09
You'll get some mixed replies, for some people they don't have the mercury djinni issue, mine freezes at the lighthouse getting the mercury djinni, and no combonation of emulator revision and bios files make a difference..

astrof
February 15th, 2009, 06:13
well, mine froze at the mercury djinni at the lighthouse, but i got past that by moving the save file to a PC and using VBA to get past that point. I just find the sound quality on golden sun 2 slow and choppy on the emulator (sad cuz the music is one of the game's best features). would freeing up space make any difference? (I don't know if the emulator uses the memory stick as a buffer). I think I only have like 3-4MB of space left on the memory stick. Golden Sun 1 ran quite smoothly (only broke at times, though the world map was pretty laggy, but the music worked though, almost flawlessly).

kharaboudjan
February 20th, 2009, 11:41
some games arnt fullspeed on gpsp yet. lets hope exophase will update one day. and for the freezes it can be that you have the wrong BIOS file. i happened to me as well when i had the wrong BIOS file.

Harakiristk
February 20th, 2009, 15:09
It's -not- the BIOS file on this one, I checked the CRC of the bios as there are many bad ones floating around. A good rule of thumb is if it plays Super Mario Bros Advance 1-3 you've got the correct one, it even said that in the readme.

DanTheManMS
February 20th, 2009, 20:24
One could also just check the CRC of your BIOS file by looking at the values at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/GBA_BIOS

Harakiristk
February 22nd, 2009, 08:43
/agree Thanks Dan that's the website I saw it at! I just couldn't find it for reference.