PDA

View Full Version : Ellipsis XBMC Skin W.I.P.

wraggster
February 16th, 2009, 20:05
From Team Blackbolt:

So it's been a while guys, but we've been busy! I've noticed on the forums that there's been a few users complaining that the Ellipsis skin is 'too little, too late', well screw you hippies, we don't give a shit, we're still making it. For the past few years, since finishing MC360 we've all gone our seperate ways, but I've also wanted to finish Ellipsis, just work, etc got in the way. Well finally after a couple of years of nothing much happening, we've gone from a few concepts of the skin to a fully functional skin which is past the mid-point of its development.

The shot below is of the skin actually running. Soon I'll change that shot to a video to give you guys a better idea of how ellipsis looks and works. We know most people are beyond XBMC now, but with the windows, mac and linux versions I think XBMC will live on for a long time to come and we wanted to have one last stab at it. Ellipsis will come in a single download, universal for all platforms. It's primary objective is to work in the home theatre enviroment, be simple to navigate and make it as quick as possible to get to the things you want. During our alpha stage we've had a lot of positive feedback and when we get to a good place very soon, we're going to go public so everyone can experience what I've had in my head for a couple of years and what has finally been brought into reality in the past couple of months.

http://blackbolt.x-scene.com/