PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading Slim w/4.01 to CFW?

Annath
February 17th, 2009, 13:11
OK, back in December I got a PSP Slim, that shipped with version 4.01, only to find out that that particular model, the ones that shipped with 4.01, were not hackable. I then went out, bought some games, blah blah, some of which required me to upgrade to FW 5.something in order to play.

My question is, is it possible yet to downgrade PSP Slims that shipped with FW 4.01, if so, how? I have read something about a Datel Lite Blue Tool battery, that I somehow missed back in December. What is up with that?

Anyway, I will check back for answers in a few hours, any help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: when i say Slim, i mean PSP-2000

Annath
February 18th, 2009, 15:11
*waits for an answer*

Nokiaman
February 18th, 2009, 19:59
Well that battery can get it to service mode,but Dark Alex didn't release any CFW for it so big no.You can't hack it

Annath
February 18th, 2009, 21:14
Well that battery can get it to service mode,but Dark Alex didn't release any CFW for it so big no.You can't hack it

so...I guess since I have read that DarkAlex says these are "unhackable" I will forever be consigned to playing GBA roms on my DS....Bah! Until the memory card slot on my PSP Phat went bad, I had an all-in-one system! Well, the headphone jack broke too...rendering no sound at all, but man, I'm bummed.:(

Wally
February 18th, 2009, 22:20
I'd be still waiting, unhackable can sometimes be hacked :)

dante221
October 19th, 2009, 06:55
(revives a dead thread) Such a shame that I'm in the same boat. I really do with that the TA-088v3 PSPs can be modded....oh wait, I found a forum that states that someone by the name "BrokenCodes" claimed that he has gotten a PSP with a Ta-088v3 motherboard pre-ILP'd

Here's the thread below
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmware/43169-ta-088v3-pre-ipl-almost-hacked.html