PDA

View Full Version : Just curious really...

Moments
February 17th, 2009, 22:25
Why does PSX emulation run perfectly, but SNES emulation lags and such (without frame skip enabled). PSX is far superior compared to SNES, just confuses me somewhat

plow king321
February 18th, 2009, 17:46
Why does PSX emulation run perfectly, but SNES emulation lags and such (without frame skip enabled). PSX is far superior compared to SNES, just confuses me somewhat

well i think its because the PSX emulator is more powerful then the SNES emulator even tho the PSP can probably run the SNES better than the PSX

in a simpler way:
the PSX emulator is much more powerful than the SNES emulator

so you see it's the emulator that does evrything all the PSP does is run the emulator

so the better the emulator the better the gameplay

so if you get for example daedalus r13 it's lagging a bit
then you get daedalus r14 it's much less laggy

so now you should know why

ICE
February 18th, 2009, 18:36
The simple answer is that the PSX emu was made by Sony and the SNES emu was made by a normal people. Plus the PSX and the PSP are similar in the way they do things.

DanTheManMS
February 19th, 2009, 15:48
Right, the PSX emulator for the PSP was made directly by Sony, which is why it runs as well as it does. The SNES emulator was ported from SNES9X, which was originally coded to run on PCs.

Also note that there are several versions of the SNES9X port, some working better than others on different PSP setups. I don't have a PSP so I don't know the optimal solution, but I know that there are combinations that work better than others. Also, you'll want the latest speedhack database (http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/snesadvance.dat) to get more games running faster.

ojdon
February 19th, 2009, 20:40
Really, it all comes down to how well a emulator is coded. ;) Especially if the system has a higher spec than the emulated one.