PDA

View Full Version : 4GB pro stick mounted inside psp with switch?

cloudd
February 9th, 2006, 07:51
I have an 8meg memory stick pro. I took the plastic skin off and put some tape on the bottom side at the copper end(opposite side of copper contacts). I did this to raise the circuit board a bit. Bottom line is that it work and those adapters (pro duo > Pro) are wired straight through.

Anyways without the shell the mem Pro is is very small a little thinner that the mem pro duo with it's case on and the waist of the mem pro is actually smaller than the mem pro duo's too :D.

What I would like to do is mount the bare memory inside the psp say above the earphone jack inside the psp or opposite side of the psp above the wifi and wire the contacts to the mem pro duo port on the psp. After that I could mount a tiny switch inside so the 4Gb stick can be disabled and the duo pro slot can be enabled. The switch would be hidden under the produo slot cover.

Where is the cheapest place to buy 4GB memory stick pros so I can try this???

Vangar
February 9th, 2006, 09:35
Ahahaha. You lazy person. Just swap the card when you need it? You don't make much sense to destroy your PSP just for 10 seconds to swap the card.

cloudd
February 10th, 2006, 00:57
How would that detroy you psp? Obviously if you can't do the job with unnoticable results an 100% working and elegance then don't. But putting the memory inside a 4gb is way better than having that slow huge UGLY power hungry skips while you watch movies datel chuck of shit that is $200USD hooked to your PSP. That this is a peice of shit!

Anyone know where I can find one?

masta_g_86
February 25th, 2006, 09:34
How would that detroy you psp? Obviously if you can't do the job with unnoticable results an 100% working and elegance then don't. But putting the memory inside a 4gb is way better than having that slow huge UGLY power hungry skips while you watch movies datel chuck of shit that is $200USD hooked to your PSP. That this is a peice of shit!

Anyone know where I can find one?

pricewatch.com (http://www.pricewatch.com/)

do a search using "stick pro 4gb" (without quotes)