PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy Save State?

gezegond
February 22nd, 2009, 10:33
Hi! I have Recently installed Lameboy (Gameboy Color Emulator) on my ds. It runs great and have no problem running games but doesn't support saves. What annoys me is that this emu have a save state feature and when you hit x (or y, I'm not sure) It saves the state and prints: "Save state successfully". However there's no way i could find to load that state later. Does anyone know how to solve this? Or does anyone know another GBC Emulator that runs great and also have a save feature? Thanks!

SifJar
February 22nd, 2009, 15:38
you need to change the save state first. I had this problem at first using it as well. Just touch the touch screen then scroll down to "Save State". By default its set to "none" for some reason just change it to anything by scrolling across when its highlighted and then try again. Should work and once you've done it once you wont have to do it again, at least not for that game, i've only ever played one game, so dont know if you have to repeat it for each game.

DanTheManMS
February 23rd, 2009, 00:17
This is a common misconception. The X button is NOT a savestate button. What happens is that when you save in-game, Lameboy updates its emulated SRAM but doesn't update the *.sav file on your cart until you tell it to with the X button. Thus, to make sure you don't lose your saves, you have to save first in-game and then press X. If you don't do this, you'll lose your progress.

Now the latest version of Lameboy (v0.11) ALSO has a savestate feature that is entirely separate. Press R to get to the Lameboy menu and choose the appropriate option from there.

The important thing to remember is that these are two entirely different saving mechanisms. The X button is for regular in-game saving just like you would do on a real cartridge, while savestates let you resume from the exact point at which you saved.

Side note: Lameboy also updates the *.sav file if you return to the ROM menu to select another game.

SifJar
March 13th, 2009, 22:00
well pressing X to save works for me as you have described for savestates, ie letting me resume exactly were i was.