PDA

View Full Version : DS Won't Boot

Jeric
February 23rd, 2009, 15:47
My DS is either died, or is beyond my capacity to repair. It started with an L button that seemed to register as always being pressed down (this is what the diagnostics rom said anyway). Now if I hit the power button it flicks on for a split second then turns off. Yes the thing has power, and I've bought a replacement battery (dreamgear). So far still nothing and I'd kinda hoped that waiting for the battery to fully charge would do the trick.

Is there anywhere offline I could buy one of those tri prong screwdrivers, and what else could it be other than possibly a blown fuse. I hope its not that because i have zero experience soldering anything, and I'd preffer to not have to send it in for a fix.

ClanTag
February 24th, 2009, 05:04
Maybe youve bricked it? IDk. You should probably send it in though dude.

ChaoticanarchyX
March 11th, 2009, 00:37
could be your BIOS may have clunked out. I have an extra one XD
Try Amazon for the tri wing. I bought a great set of diffrent screw tip bits for a penny, costed more in shipping!
The BIOS is real easy to get off. I've had to solder a few power switches allready, thats deffinitly no fun......

ljl35
June 12th, 2009, 03:59
i would say send it in maybe if it is in worrinty they will fix it for free good luck :D

richard73
August 22nd, 2009, 04:08
ds wont read the games it said there is no game pak inserted