PDA

View Full Version : Miss Driller

DCEmu_Newsposter
August 18th, 2004, 09:06
Ian Michael has ported the classic game Miss Driller to the Dreamcast, heres what he says:[br][br] I have ported Miss driller SDL. The controls are fixed as best I could with the time I had to do this. The game is very nice, classy as it is almost an exact copy of the retail MR driller. This game port is 100% speed, the in game controls are a touch senstive, which means it's hardish to play, but of course it's fully playable once you are use to that. I will update this and add more polish in the coming months I even have a mod in the works. This game has sound effects and is complete. High score table, scrolling animated menus etc. When I update the source im going to include sound track music. And mod-able-ness. Controls Analog stick left right up down very sensertive. Only hold the down halfway as it is very sensitive. (There is no sensitivity threshold yet- will be fixed in the next release) Press A to confirm menu choices Press X to simulated the enter button *EG* for the high score table [br][br]Download from Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/missdriller.shtml)

M@jk
August 18th, 2004, 14:04
Great, but i prefer a sbi file...

Hola
August 18th, 2004, 15:56
You know you can make your own SBI files right and the fact is that bin files are better because more people can use it and people who dont wanna use SBI can use it. Sure you can use SBI's as just bin selfboots but alot of times people dont leave a readme telling how the file structure should be for bin files. Such as what the directory names for roms should be. Maybe its game, maybe its roms, hell maybe its files. Sure that doesnt matter on this but still this file is super easy for anything to do. It will take you all of 3 seconds to load it in selfboot.

fackue
August 18th, 2004, 16:00
http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/tut_sbi.shtml

MetaFox
August 18th, 2004, 16:08
You know you can make your own SBI files right and the fact is that bin files are better because more people can use it and people who dont wanna use SBI can use it.SBIs are awesome. Binary downloads are a thing of the past - you don't need them. As a matter of fact, Consolevision is working to remove all binaries from their pages. Just SBI and source downloads are all you need.

If you want a plain binary from the SBI, all you have to do is open it with your favorite ZIP extraction tool (SBIs are just renamed ZIPfiles), go to Inducer/Games, Inducer/Emus, or Inducer/Apps respectively, and extract the binfile. You've now got an unscrambled binary you can do anything with. ;)

Sure you can use SBI's as just bin selfboots but alot of times people dont leave a readme telling how the file structure should be for bin files. Such as what the directory names for roms should be. That's what Sbinducer v4 is for - it reads zipfile messages and displays the readme at the side of the program. Once all of the SBIs on Sbiffy are converted to v4 format, your afforementioned problem will be moot.

M@jk
August 18th, 2004, 16:18
I know, i can make my own sbi (just unscramble bin and use sbimaker) but i`m too lazy :P

Maybe some one (Curt?) relieve me?

Hola
August 18th, 2004, 16:35
SBIs are awesome. *Binary downloads are a thing of the past - you don't need them. *As a matter of fact, Consolevision is working to remove all binaries from their pages. *Just SBI and source downloads are all you need.

If you want a plain binary from the SBI, all you have to do is open it with your favorite ZIP extraction tool (SBIs are just renamed ZIPfiles), go to Inducer/Games, *Inducer/Emus, or Inducer/Apps respectively, and extract the binfile. *You've now got an unscrambled binary you can do anything with. ;)

That's what Sbinducer v4 is for - it reads zipfile messages and displays the readme at the side of the program. *Once all of the SBIs on Sbiffy are converted to v4 format, your afforementioned problem will be moot.Ohh thats really awsome with the side file readme's. I'd gladly switch over once they're all in that format.

MetaFox
August 18th, 2004, 16:51
Ohh thats really awsome with the side file readme's. I'd gladly switch over once they're all in that format.Yeah, BurnerO really outdid himself with Selfboot Inducer v4. It can create single game discs without Dream Inducer, it can create multimenu DreamInducer discs (Emus/Apps/Games), it can create single menu discs (all emus/apps/games on the same menu). Plus, you've got the afforementioned readme inside of Selfboot Inducer, plus the requisite creation of images (DiscJuggler, Nero DAO, Nero TAO), or direct burning through CDRecord. There's no reason not to use it anymore if you're in Windows - it does everything. :)

curt_grymala
August 18th, 2004, 17:05
I know, i can make my own sbi (just unscramble bin and use sbimaker) but i`m too lazy :P

Maybe some one (Curt?) relieve me?

If I get a chance I will. I've been so busy trying to get Mods of Rage moved over, that I haven't had much time to mess with SBI's. I'm trying to get back into doing that stuff, though, so I may have time in the next day or so.

Ohh thats really awsome with the side file readme's. I'd gladly switch over once they're all in that format.

All of the new ones should be in that format, and I have already converted quite a few to that format.
There is a list of all the readme's I've done, but I don't remember whether the "Uploaded to Sbiffy" list is up-to-date. You can find it here (http://sesonsite.com/perl/yabb/DCStuff/YaBB.cgi?board=sbi_board;action=display;num=109018 37288) <------ That's a link.

Eric
August 19th, 2004, 07:13
Okay first of i have to tell you a few things and i have said this in the past and its not in anger. I used SBI before it worked in the past but now wont i have done all the tutorials it just wont work on my pc.

So what i am going to ask seen as how i cant make a Nero Image or even make a cdi image and then transfor it to Nero image and that wont work and I do have alcohol and tried installing that worked in the past but now wont cause of a driver that interfears with it.

What i am asking is if someone can make a SBI disk with that one game,it must be a nero image and send to my email [email protected] and it has to be compressed try that email or [email protected]. Thanks to who all can help out cause i am dieing to play this game for who all doesnt help shame on you.

Thanks Again

Eric

Darksaviour69
August 19th, 2004, 12:48
one problem with Inducer is that if u don't have enough room on your P.C. it will make the Nero image, but it is not complete. this image will burn fine but the DC will not boot it. to find this out, check that the size of the Inducer folder is not bigger than the Nero image

Phantom
August 19th, 2004, 17:29
SBIs are awesome. Binary downloads are a thing of the past - you don't need them. As a matter of fact, Consolevision is working to remove all binaries from their pages. Just SBI and source downloads are all you need.But that only goes for Windows users. :/

You won't see any SBI files from me unless someone writes portable versions of the SBI tools.

MetaFox
August 19th, 2004, 17:38
But that only goes for Windows users. :/

You won't see any SBI files from me unless someone writes portable versions of the SBI tools.BlackAura has an SBI extracting/directory structure creating/and burning script for Linux, which is entitled DCSelfboot, and I.M. Weasel has created MacInducer for MacOS.

Eric
August 19th, 2004, 17:59
one problem with Inducer is that if u don't have enough room on your P.C. it will make the Nero image, but it is not complete. this image will burn fine but the DC will not boot it. to find this out, check that the size of the Inducer folder is not bigger than the Nero image

That is not my case i have enough room on my pc. As i said before aswell it worked in the past and now will not work and that is one reason why i asked someone to make a sbi of Miss Driller and make a nero selfboot and sent it to those email in my last post.

Thanks

MetaFox
August 19th, 2004, 18:08
That is not my case i have enough room on my pc. As i said before aswell it worked in the past and now will not work and that is one reason why i asked someone to make a sbi of Miss Driller and make a nero selfboot and sent it to those email in my last post.What's the problem you're having? Maybe we can help alleviate that problem, so you can burn the image with Selfboot Inducer yourself.

Eric
August 19th, 2004, 18:14
I dont know what the problem is each and every program is weird of what i use for DC. First selfboot is installed on C: drive and my images save in my internet providers folder which is called bin. SBI wont show my sbi files even ones i have downloaded of the net thats the newest one. The first one does work but the folders are scrambled all over the place so its very hard to find where i have put this stuff.

I really dont care for SBI that much I only use it when i run into problems like this and its mostly Ians stuff that i cant use Nero to burn unless i use SBI.

I could test out that other program that kamjin used for me to use Rogue on my DC.

Eric

MetaFox
August 19th, 2004, 18:39
I dont know what the problem is each and every program is weird of what i use for DC. First selfboot is installed on C: drive and my images save in my internet providers folder which is called bin. SBI wont show my sbi files even ones i have downloaded of the net thats the newest one.SBI files have to be placed inside the selfboot inducer directory (ie: c:\sbinducr\sbi). The Selfboot Inducer GUI will automatically detect the SBI files in that directory.

Eric
August 19th, 2004, 18:56
I know that and it wont detect them thats what i am telling you.

MetaFox
August 20th, 2004, 00:10
I know that and it wont detect them thats what i am telling you.My advice to you would be to delete all files in c:\sbinducr, and install Selfboot Inducer v4 fresh (make sure you've got the right version - it's Sbindv4.exe from Sbiffy (http://www.consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/)), then put the sbi into c:\sbinducr\sbi with nothing else (and make sure windows doesn't rename .sbi to .zip - it has to have the .sbi extension in order for Selfboot Inducer to detect it). Then run Selfboot Inducer 4, and you should be all set.

Phantom
August 20th, 2004, 17:22
BlackAura has an SBI extracting/directory structure creating/and burning script for Linux, which is entitled DCSelfbootYes, but I need an SBI creator. :) Or is it trivial to make an SBI manually? I have to admit that I never looked into it.

curt_grymala
August 20th, 2004, 20:02
Making an SBI manually is actually very easy. There is a tutorial on DCStuff explaining how to do it manually. The tutorial is intended for Windows users, but all of the steps should be the same. You can find it HERE (http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/SBI_Tut.shtml) <--- That's a link.

BTW - I got an SBI made from Miss Driller, and it is available in the Games section at Sbiffy!com.

swordstalker
August 21st, 2004, 02:55
mr driller is cool

Eric
August 21st, 2004, 05:23
Yes it is but the port of Miss Driller shows a very good clone and i must recommend using it with keyboard as the joypad in my views is unplayable

Phantom
August 21st, 2004, 06:22
Making an SBI manually is actually very easy. There is a tutorial on DCStuff explaining how to do it manually. The tutorial is intended for Windows users, but all of the steps should be the same. You can find it HERE (http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/SBI_Tut.shtml) <--- That's a link.Thanks a lot Curt. :)

What happens if you burn an SBI disc with only one application on it? Will it autoboot that application or will it show the menu anyway?

MetaFox
August 21st, 2004, 06:53
Thanks a lot Curt. :)

What happens if you burn an SBI disc with only one application on it? Will it autoboot that application or will it show the menu anyway?With BurnerO's program, it can burn discs from SBIs without a menu. BlackAura's script for Linux doesn't have this feature. I believe MacInducer doesn't do that either.

curt_grymala
August 23rd, 2004, 03:33
MacDreamTool doesn't do that, yet. IM's working on that feature. At the moment, BurnerO's SBInducer is the only one that does that. It's called the "SBI2Boot" feature. If you want to burn something that autoboots with SBInducer, just select SBI2Boot instead of multi-menu or single menu.

Ian_micheal
August 23rd, 2004, 07:59
Be improved soon with d pad controls and sound track music to stop eric going to sleep.

Phantom
August 23rd, 2004, 08:05
Hmm, I don't think I'd replace binaries with SBI's. But I might provide SBI's instead of Nero CD images in the future. From what Curt said earlier I gather that it would be trivial to have the FreeSCI daily build script create an SBI, if there's any demand for it.

Ian_micheal
August 23rd, 2004, 08:18
I have the answer!! just provide a template :) which all you have to do is rename the unscrambled bin to match the template *EG* UNI SBI files with out any need for any person to create them any more all you need is one template a small app written to read the template and rename and unscamble the bin and there you have it would turn any bin into an sbi. Save all the trouble and any need of an sbi files to be upload the user could do it to any new release with out fail.

If i have time i might bother to do it.

Simple to code and do and it would stop the need for curt and others making sbis for people ever again.

Practical and sensible.