PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Powerpoint viewer for DS Lite?

purinlove88
February 27th, 2009, 05:21
Just a suggestion...so far I've seen all the cool homebrews on DS like the Wikipedia one, but how about something that people might use?

As students, sometimes our lecturers give us tons of powerpoint slides and it is sometimes quite cumbersome to view them on your big laptop or big desktop screen. I know some mobile phones can allow these but they are the higher end models.

Since the Nintendo DS is really way much affordable than these high-end phone/laptop/desktop models and also accessible to younger people who use powerpoint a lot in schools, I was wondering if it is possible if anyone can make such a homebrew program.

It'll be cool to see the slides go by the top screen while you can tap or select the slide that you want from the bottom screen.

If it is I'll really be glad to see it.

Thanks!

(Sorry, I can't make it as I really don't know how to. Just giving my suggestion to see if anyone will take it up.)

DanTheManMS
February 27th, 2009, 22:00
Making something like this would be rather difficult, much like a PDF viewer which as only just now appeared in a somewhat buggy state. I think a better solution for you at the moment would be to use a program like Paperless Printer to print the Powerpoint file to a series of JPEG images, which you can then use with ComicBookDS.

purinlove88
March 1st, 2009, 08:38
Ok, thanks for suggestion, I'll look into it =)