PDA

View Full Version : NOIZ2SA v0.8 RELEASED

deniska
November 19th, 2005, 07:07
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/noiz2sa_tate_mode.jpg
Get it here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/NOIZ2SAv08.zip)

NEW IN V0.8
- ogg vorbis support: original soundtracks by Kenta Cho provided for stages 1-5 and 3 ENDLESS modes
- tracker music support (s3m, xm, mod) is still in place (tracker music is provided for stages 6-10)
- custom ogg, s3m,xm,mod music support: replace existing stg00.*,stg0.*-stg9.* files in sounds directory with your favorite music (there are plenty of mp3/wav/atrac --> ogg converion tools available on the net).
- minor code optimizations.

Note, that ogg decoding requires more CPU cycles. So you may want to keep tracker music for late & action packed stages of the game to make the things run faster.
You can reset the High Scores by deleting the noiz2sa.prf...

You can still customize almost all other aspects of the gameplay or chose the "classic" settings - just read the atatched documentation.

Enjoy,

DENIS

PS: It appears that there is another port of NOIZ2SA development taking place at snv.ps2dev.org. This, more straight forward, port approach is based on the most recent versions of SDK, SDL as well as other recent PSP libraries. While it is still not as fast & polished as this version of the game, it definitely worth keeping an eye on.

wraggster
November 19th, 2005, 11:45
thanks for another great release :)

bobcobb
November 21st, 2005, 17:50
Bandwidth limit exceeded.

Mirror anyone?

deniska
November 21st, 2005, 17:57
I repointed the link to the binary - it should be working now...

Terial
November 26th, 2005, 02:59
any plans on a port of torus troopers? =DDDDDDDDD

deniska
November 26th, 2005, 06:35
Torus Trooper is written in "D" - so to port it, one will have to re-write half of the code.. :-(
Rrootage, on the other hand, should not be a big deal.
I managed to build it under PSPSDK after ~ 20 minutes...of course it crapped out after the first openGL call... When I have time I'll look in to it..

Vegitto33
December 3rd, 2005, 20:18
any plans on a port of torus troopers? =DDDDDDDDD

That would be the best thing ever. Period.

Kaiser
January 28th, 2006, 00:06
edited: My old comment doesn't apply anymore. :)

AtariFreek
February 17th, 2006, 00:02
I Love This Game. Plain And Simple.

arzynik
July 25th, 2006, 20:53
i managed to find your 06 source but i couldnt find your 08 source. i have been playing with the ps2dev version and i was going to try and merge these versions up. i was planing on giving it a rez sort of feel, and keep that ambient mode in there.

if you could toss me a link to the src i would love you forever. or at least until you release another version where i cant find the source.

thanks

deniska
July 30th, 2006, 09:47
i managed to find your 06 source but i couldnt find your 08 source. i have been playing with the ps2dev version and i was going to try and merge these versions up. i was planing on giving it a rez sort of feel, and keep that ambient mode in there.

if you could toss me a link to the src i would love you forever. or at least until you release another version where i cant find the source.

thanks
Hmmm, you are right, I thought I included the source code with the latest version... I'll post the link, once I get to work on Monday.. remind me again if you don't see it in this thread ;-)