PDA

View Full Version : DS Emu

DcGene
February 28th, 2009, 17:19
Hello. I'm a newbie to this forum. I like to know if anyone's ported one of the DS emulators to Dreamcast yet? If not then there's source code out there and I 'd like to request a port. Also I need a link to DC linux. Preferrably the DC boot CD download.

DcGene
March 3rd, 2009, 15:23
A port of DeSmuMe which has been done on PSP would be a great port.

ojdon
March 8th, 2009, 21:31
But it would be very unplayable and would probably not play commerical games, you would need someone with a good understanding of the Dreamcast and DS Emulation to get a decent emulator going. ;)

But! You never know.

DcGene
April 11th, 2009, 19:40
I think emulation of the DS on Dreamcast will happen after the release of the Dreamcast SD Card Adapter. Ojdon, there are commercial demos for the DS that are under 16 MB but I understand your point about the majority of DS games being unplayable now.

Maturion
April 17th, 2009, 21:27
http://www.dcevolution.net/index.php?id=dc_linux <- DC Linux, here you go.

A port of DeSmuME would be possible, that's for sure, but imagine how slow that will be? Even GBA emulation on Dreamcast isn't fullspeed yet.

But anyway, there are a lot of emulators on the Dreamcast that all are more like a proof of concept than a fully working emulator (PCSX-DC, DaedalusDC, Yabause...)

Ayla
April 18th, 2009, 11:37
Hey, stop dreaming. A DS emulator will NEVER occur, because it's NOT POSSIBLE.
The DS is way too much powerful !
Think of it : The DS can emulate SNES at *almost* full speed. The DC can emulate SNES games at ~ 90% speed, with an ASM core and lots of optimisations. So, you guys think that emulating the DS is possible ?

Cast128dreams
April 18th, 2009, 12:32
Ds isnt powerfull than the Dreamcast..

Ds is like a N64 but with a Built in screen.