PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Handful of problems

PlagueMusic
February 28th, 2009, 22:29
Using 5.00M33 with 1.50 extension on a PSP Phat with a photofast 2in1 memory stick
I've been having a handful of problems with my newly recovered PSP, so instead of making multiple threads i'd like to have an open discussion how to help me with my issues:

How, if you can, disable MagicGate support on flash? (Not in iR Shell)

Does the 16gb+8gb combo work on the Photofast 2-in-1? (Tested with other users? I formatted it right)

How come all my homebrew shows up as corrupted data, freshly downloaded emulators, in the XMB but works perfectly in iR Shell?

How come my PSX Eboots, converted with Simple Popstation GUI, won't boot from XMB or iR Shell? (Perfect ISOs)

b_simpson1999
February 28th, 2009, 23:52
How, if you can, disable MagicGate support on flash? (Not in iR Shell) there an option somewhere in the recovery menu on 5.00-6m33

not sure about the ones ones sorry, i was going to buy myself one of those from ebay with 32gb (2X16gb) so i might not buy one till the others have been answered now

PlagueMusic
March 1st, 2009, 05:37
WOW got everything done, aparently theres a file path limit on the psp solved all my problems, is there a way past that?

Only problem left is: Does the 16gb+8gb combo work on the Photofast 2-in-1? (Tested with other users? I formatted it right)

b_simpson1999
March 1st, 2009, 09:59
did you format the card using the xmb on the psp? no idea but i think any sd card should work in the photofast with any other sd card as long as there not fake

dangee
March 1st, 2009, 13:31
...aparently theres a file path limit on the psp ... is there a way past that?

unlikely.
itd help to know if the limits
total number of (sub)folders
depth of subfolder nesting,
length of filepath chr$,
or all them,
or something else too

PlagueMusic
March 1st, 2009, 19:19
yep, formatted it right. and theyre not fakes but i saw on random pages in different languages people having problems with the combo too.

yes, there really is a filepath limit, its been discussed in the game categories plugin forum

dangee
March 1st, 2009, 19:48
yeah , I meant
unlikely that there's a way past it

(except of course by manual reorganising/renaming directories that you've done)

b_simpson1999
March 1st, 2009, 19:56
yes, there really is a filepath limit, its been discussed in the game categories plugin forum
I got that plugin in my psp lol